As the happiest nation in the world becomes one of the most desirable countries to learn higher education, search engines are specifically filled with queries about admission requirements to study in Finland.
Let us help you prepare! We collected everything – from basic admission requirements to study in Finland to the application process at the best universities in the nation!
Why study in Finland?
Before assisting you with the admission requirements to study in Finland, first, let us introduce the reasons to learn higher education in the happiest country in the world.
Finland is certainly an exceptional study abroad destination offering a welcoming and innovative environment. It has the best educational system worldwide, specifically receiving positive reviews from students, numerous learning agencies, and global companies.
In addition, the cost of living in Finland is surely more affordable compared to Canada, Australia, Sweden, and Germany. You can also expect healthy food and the cleanest water to nourish you while studying!
Furthermore, the updated law for international students allows the application for permanent residency in Finland to be fast and easy! This privilege indeed enables you to enjoy the many benefits of living in the happiest country in the world.
The Pathway Program of Edunation
Edunation’s Pathway to Finland program specifically provides guaranteed access to the best learning institutions in the country. Our study programs will undoubtedly prepare you for higher education studies and help you acquire the necessary skills for university admission.
Once you complete the admission requirements to study in Finland and the Pathway Program, you can surely enroll and learn higher education at one of our Finnish partner universities!
General Admission Requirements to study in Finland
For Business, Engineering and Technology, and Nursing and Social services, below are the basic admission requirements to study in Finland:
- Copy of the final or official higher secondary school certificate or vocational qualification
- Transcript of records. A minimum of 50% GPA is required when applying for programs in Edunation
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Clear copy of your passport ID page
The admission requirements to study in Finland vary depending on the degree program level and type:
Bachelor’s degree programs
Applicants must have completed upper secondary education equivalent to the Finnish matriculation examination. Then, the Finnish National Agency for Education will evaluate the student’s application.
Master’s degree programs
International students must have completed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. The university or the Finnish National Agency for Education will assess the applicant’s academic admission requirement to study in Finland.
Aside from the mentioned admission requirements to study in Finland, applicants must specifically meet eligibility criteria such as language proficiency and financial capability.
A valid passport is one of the essential admission requirements to study in Finland. A residence permit is also needed and can be obtained through EnterFinland.fi.
Here are other essential admission requirements to study in Finland:
- Acceptance letter from a Finnish University. (Global learners must have a letter of acceptance from a Finnish University before applying for a student visa
- Proof of financial capability showing you have sufficient funds during your stay in Finland. Examples are bank statements, scholarship letters, etc.
- Valid health insurance recognized in Finland
- Language proficiency results
Additionally, some educational programs in the country specifically require the following admission requirements to study in Finland:
- Work or employment certificate with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- GRE or GMAT test
- Motivational video letter
- Entrance Exam or SAT Test
To see the list of Finnish universities, educational courses, and their exact requirements, visit our University Page.
Admission requirements to study in Finland based on nationalities
For Vietnamese Applicants
Applicants who have finished (or will finish during the academic year 2021-2022) high school in Vietnam may be admitted based on their academic performance.
In addition, they must have the following grades on their 12th-grade transcript of records (Bng Tt Nghip Ph Thông Trung Hc):
- GPA 8.0 or higher
- English 8.0 or higher
- Mathematics 8.0 or higher
- For engineering programs: Physics 8.0 or higher
Furthermore, all documents must be in English with translations signed and stamped by a translator.
For Indian Applicants
For applicants who have finished or will complete their studies in the academic year 2020-2021, the following certificates are acceptable:
- All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Indian School Certificate (ISC) from Council for the Indian School Certificate (CISCE)
In addition, they must have the following grades:
- GPA 60% or higher
- English 60% or higher
- Mathematics 60% or higher
- Physics 60% or higher for engineering programs
Note that all documents must be specifically in English with translations signed and stamped by a translator.
For Chinese Applicants
Applicants with Chinese Highschool Graduation Certificates from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong, and Sichuan are certainly encouraged to apply. Below are the acceptable grades:
- English 80/100 or 120/150
- Mathematics 80/100 or 120/150
- Physics 80/100 or 120/150 for engineering programs
How to apply after completing the admission requirements to study in Finland?
Once you have completed all the necessary admission requirements to study in Finland, applying is fast and easy! Simply follow the steps below!
1. Fill out the application form with your personal information. Then, your preferred Finnish university and the educational program.
2. Simply tick your answers for the educational background information.
3. Next, if you applied through our partner agencies, type their name and email address. If not, click No, and proceed to the next section.
4. Attach your admission requirements to study in Finland. Again, make sure it’s complete, and the photocopies are clear.
5. Pay the Pathway Programs service fee of 50 EUR immediately in full. The amount generally increase depending on your preferred study method and program duration.
You can pay using the following ways:
- Bank transfer or Wire
- Credit card
To sum it up
Completing the admission requirements to study in Finland is certainly essential for a successful enrollment in your desired academic program. Also, make sure to submit it on time!
Aside from guiding you in completing the admission requirements to study in Finland, Edunation will assist you all the way! Book a free counseling session today to start your life-changing journey.
We also offer Finnish language courses online. Learn this exciting language anywhere through our fun and interactive courses!
Share this information with your loved ones and friends planning to study abroad. Post it on your social media accounts to inform everyone about the admission requirements to study in Finland – the happiest country in the world!
About The Writer
Mark has been a professional content writer for four years. He is an expert in creating articles about education and studying abroad. His writings don’t only inform; he also wants to establish emotional connections with readers.