Modern, fresh and, above all, international – those are the words that perfectly describe Arcada University of Applied Sciences. Located in the capital city of Finland – Helsinki, Arcada offers 2 bachelor’s degrees and 3 master’s degrees which students can choose from. The best University of Applied Sciences in Finland is a home for more than 2,700 students studying in both Swedish and English to prepare themselves for the modern labor market, make friends for life and create networks of contacts which stretch across national and business boundaries.
Table of Contents
- Why should you choose Arcada
- Content of studies
- Duration of studies
- Admissions requirements and scholarship
- Student accommodation
- Student life
- Working life
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE ARCADA
- The best University of Applied Sciences in Finland
- Located in the capital city of Helsinki, the business hub of Finland
- Strong focus on graduate employability
- Excellent international connections and opportunities for exchange studies
- Active student life
- Modern and compact campus
- Inspiring high-quality education
- Good connections to companies and working life
- International campus environment – over 40 different languages spoken on campus
Arcada works closely with the labor market as well as with academic partner institutions in the Nordic countries and elsewhere in the world. Students can be certain that the latest international expertise is reflected in their education. And can look forward to getting useful practical know-how as well as valuable working experience in organizations during their studies.
“I love studying at Arcada! It’s very hands on and easy to follow because of the student services. The campus is awesome, I love the building and the fact that there are lots of student housing buildings around it. Amazing student life. Very safe neighborhood/city/country and you’re guaranteed to make plenty of friends in no time! Warmly recommend.”
– Stefani, Arcada student from Bulgaria
CONTENT OF STUDIES
Studying your bachelor’s degree at Arcada is the best decision for your future. At Arcada theory and practice meet, because to achieve professional qualifications, Arcada knows that it is equally important to read and to do. During your studies, you have plenty of opportunities to work with businesses and organizations and gain experience, build your professional CV and make contacts with your future employer.
Time to widen your network? Then head to Arcada to study your master’s degree. At Arcada University if Applied Sciences you can study your master’s regardless of where you are in working life and how much time you have for studies as all master’s programs can be combined with work. During your master’s studies at Arcada you are able to grow your network and gain valuable new perspectives and insights.
DURATION OF STUDIES
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business
- 3.5 years = 210 ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering in Materials Processing Technology
- 4 years = 240 ECTS
- Master of Engineering in Big Data Analytics
- 1 year = 60 ECTS
- Master of Business Administration in International Business Management
- 1.5 years = 90 ECTS
- Master of Engineering in Real Estate Energy
- 1 year = 60 ECTS
“Getting accepted to Arcada was dream coming true for me and it´s being amazing experience so far. The atmosphere at school is very chill, and teachers are up for open dialogue with students. If I tun into some sort of problems I know where to seek for help. Arcada has well-constructed student services and close cooperation with student union that is organizing lot of great events throughout the year. Another thing I love about Arcada is that it supports multicultural environment, where the international students have good chance to integrate into academic society. I love Arcada and I could not imagine better place to be. It has been like a second home for me and I have built relationships that will last for lifetime.”
– Veronika, Arcada graduate from Slovakia
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS & SCHOLARSHIP
For bachelor’s degree
- Copy of the final/official secondary school certificate or vocational qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in your own country
- Copy of passport ID page
- IELTS 6.0, TOEFL iBT 79 or similar
- SAT Test with a total score of 1100 (optional)
- Minimum score of 500 in Reading, Writing and Language Test
- Minimum score of 500 in Math Test (Note: the minimum is 550 if you are applying for the program in Mechanical and Sustainability Engineering.)
For master’s degree
- Copy of bachelor’s degree certificate from a related field
- Copy of passport ID page
- IELTS 6.0, TOEFL iBT 79 or similar
- Employment certificate with a minimum of 2 years of work experience
- International Business: GMAT Test with a minimum score of 500, motivational letter/research proposal and motivational video.
- Big Data Analytics: GRE Test with a minimum score of 150 in Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning and a minimum of 4 in Analytical Writing OR prior 30 ECTS programming studies in Big Data Analytics at advanced (master) level, and research proposal.
- Media Management: thesis proposal and motivational video
Find more information on the application process.
Arcada offers scholarships for enrolled bachelor’s students. The scholarship covers a maximum of 50% of the tuition fee. Paying students can be awarded a scholarship from the second year on, depending on their study achievements. To be eligible for a scholarship, the applicant needs to complete a minimum of 55 ECTS credits during the academic year.
For Master’s degrees no scholarships are unfortunately offered.
Study in a beautiful and modern environment! The Arcada campus, built in 2004, is a complete campus, quite unique to the buzzing city of Helsinki. From the campus, you are able to find the university building, student accommodation and student union house. The campus is situated in the beautiful district of Arabianranta near to the sea and has excellent transportation to the city center and onwards! You can reach the city center in 20 minutes by bus or tram. There is also a large shopping mall located near the campus as well which offers everything you need in your daily life.
Modern living on campus. Right next to the Arcada University of Applied Sciences building, there are close to 500 fresh and modern student apartments. Located only 100 meters from the university, food store and shopping center the apartments offer students the ideal and affordable solution for accommodation. Rent for a one-room apartment is around 500€/month which is very affordable as non-student one-room apartments in the area tend to cost around 900€/month. Student apartments are fully equipped with electricity included in the rent and there is of course sauna in the houses free for all tenants to use. You can find more information on student accommodation from Majstranden’s website.
If you ever want to meet new people, Arcada Student Union – ASK and the different Student Associations arrange pastime activities such as parties, seating’s, trips, cottage weekends and other events. You can also just stop by the Cor-house and enjoy the terrace with new friends. The Cor-house is the students own ‘living room’. It is run by the Arcada Student Union, but everyone is free to spend their spare time and meet friends for a coffee, play some poker and relax there. When it comes to sports, Arcada Student Union arranges different kinds of activities. Arcada also holds a fully equipped gym, which all students can use for a very reasonable price.
Let’s not forget that the campus is located in the capital city of Finland, so you’ll find plenty of things to do all year round in your free time.
Arcada University of Applied Sciences believes in, and actively pursues, close co-operation with organizations, companies as well as the public sector. Arabianranta in Helsinki has in recent years developed into a large business center and with Arcada’s close co-operation with companies, students are more accessible to practical training positions and jobs after graduation.
Through work placements, traineeships and joint projects students gain invaluable work experience already during their student years, which is key to their excellent study results and students leaving Arcada as competitive professionals.
Fill out the application today to study at Arcada University of Applied Sciences!
Want to know more what the buzzing capital city of Finland is like? Get to know the mesmerizing capital city Helsinki!