Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Many are asking how to get bachelor’s degree in Finland, as the country is one of the leaders in providing higher education worldwide.
Aside from established universities that will help your higher educational goals, the nation’s learning system is proven to produce the best students in the world. With this, most countries are trying to copy it but haven’t succeeded.
Finland started revolutionizing its educational system in the 1970s and will never stop upgrading as different trends emerge. It will continue to push boundaries that will enable its students to be globally fit.
Today, let us help your goal of studying in the best country to make you a globally competitive individual! We will teach you how to get bachelor’s degree in Finland. You will also learn the requirements, the cost, and more.
Before learning how to getbachelor’s degree in Finland, let us first introduce the privileges of learning in the nation! Here are some facts about why you should certainly choose Finland.
- Finland is an excellent place to study and is one of the top educational systems in the world. Equality and freedom certainly exist in the country, as all students have the same opportunity to get a high-quality education.
- The country certainly offers a variety of options when it comes to universities for international students.
- Finland’s education cost is modest compared to other countries such as the United Kingdom, Canada, or Australia.
- In Finland, most Universities have a scholarship program that covers up to 50% of tuition prices. Other private and government scholarships are available for international students in addition to university grants.
- The country also offers students an affordable, high standard of living.
- Public transportation is accessible to help you get around, and almost every establishment offers student discounts through the Finnish student card.
- You can also work 30 hours per week during your studies. Part-time jobs are also flexible to your schedule as a student.
Aside from the benefits mentioned above, there are surely more reasons why you should choose Finland for your higher education goals. The country is a gateway to limitless possibilities for anyone!
How much is the tuition fee in Finland?
The average cost to study in the country is 6,000 Euros to 12,000 Euros per academic year. As previously mentioned, you can also get scholarships. Visit our university page to learn more about the tuition fee of your chosen university.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finland
Many English-taught bachelor’s degree programs are available in Finnish higher education institutions. Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) offer most bachelor’s degree programs taught in English, focusing more on practical learning.
Business and Management, Health Care, Engineering and Technology, Natural Resources, and Culture and Arts are just some of the bachelor’s degree programs available.
In addition, bachelor’s degrees at the Universities of Applied Sciences generally range from 210 to 270 ECTS credits. It would take between 3.5 and 4.5 years to complete, depending on the program you are studying. Most courses are worth 5 ECTS credits, although some are worth less than 5 ECTS credits, and others are worth 10 ECTS credits.
REQUIREMENTS on how to get BACHELOR’S DEGREE in Finland
Although university requirements may differ, listed below are the general requirements on how to get bachelor’s degree in Finland:
- A copy of your official higher secondary school diploma or vocational qualification that qualifies you for higher education courses in your home country or a bachelor’s/Master’s degree or
- A copy of your transcript of records
- A page from a passport identifying your nationality or an official ID card indicating your nationality
- Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo). You may also visit our English language requirements page for more information.
What does Edunation offer?
Edunation assists students in reaching their higher education goals. We will certainly help you get a bachelor’s degree in Finland through our solid partnership with major universities. You may choose over 50 bachelor’s degree programs in the fields of:
- Business and Management
- Health Care and Sports
- Information Technology
- Engineering and Technology
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Culture and Arts
- Natural Resources
We are confident that you will find a bachelor’s degree that best suits you. However, you can always book a free counseling session for further guidance.
HOW TO Get Bachelor’s degree in Finland
Once you decide on the university and program, proceed with the steps on how to get a bachelor’s degree in Finland. The application process will only take five steps!
1. Fill out the online application form with your details.
2. Complete the required information regarding your educational background.
3. Fill up the information needed by Edunation.
4. Attach the required documents. Make sure that they are complete and clear photocopies.
5. Pay for the 50 EUR immediately.
Wait for an email from Edunation for your next steps. You may also sign up for our newsletters for exciting updates.
HOW MUCH is the living cost in Finland
Aside from knowing how to get bachelor’s degree in Finland, it would be best if you also considered your cost of living in the country.
Your expenses vary from city to city. Accommodation, water, electricity, and groceries can range from 600 to 900 EUR. Your lifestyle and the type of accommodation you live in will affect how much you spend.
Also, before leaving your home country, you will need to budget for a flight, health insurance, residence permits, accommodations, daily necessities, and tuition fees.
Once you are in Finland, you can work part-time to finance your expenses. As stated earlier, you may work 30 hours a week. You may earn 8 to 12 euros per month, depending on your chosen industry.
Where will I live?
Finland has more affordable housing for international students compared to other countries. Most cities in the nation have student housing foundations. Helsinki’s metropolitan area may be a bit pricey compared to other cities like Tampere and Vaasa.
However, student housing foundations offer affordable options in the Helsinki metropolitan area. Rental prices range from 300 EUR (shared apartment) to 800 EUR (family apartment) based on data from Foundation for Student Housing in Helsinki. On the other hand, student housing in Tampere can cost less than 300 EUR in a shared apartment.
For housing options in Finland, you may also find other choices using the Housing Anywhere website.
In a nutshell
Graduating with a bachelor’s degree can take you places. You will undoubtedly achieve your professional plans and contribute fully to your chosen industry. Secure your future and choose the right place to learn. Choose Finland!
Now that you know how to get a bachelor’s degree in Finland let us help you pursue your dreams! Take the first step and book a free counseling session now!
About the writer
Mark has been a professional content writer for more than three years. He is an expert in creating articles about education and studying abroad. His writings don’t only inform, but he wants to establish emotional connections with readers.