LUT University is a pioneering science university located in the southeast of Finland in the beautiful lake city of Lappeenranta. Founded in 1969 the university has been bringing students all over the world together to study science and business programs.
LUT University is a front-runner in finding solutions to clean energy and water, circular economy and sustainable business. These are the key questions of humankind to which LUT seeks solutions through technology and business.
“Over 92% of LUT’s international students satisfied with their student experience” – International Student Barometer 2017
QUICK FACTS ABOUT LUT UNIVERSITY
- The School of Business at LUT University has received a prestigious accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- The Master’s in International Marketing Management (MIMM) program was awarded five-year accreditation at the EPAS board meeting in 2012
- One of the world’s 20 most promising and rapidly developing challenger universities according to a report by the Firetail consulting firm
- Has been awarded ASIIN accreditation and EUR-ACE and Euro-Inf® quality labels for 20 programs in the field of technology
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE LUT
- One of the best universities in Finland
- Inspiring high-quality education
- Good connections to companies and working life
- Compact campus area
- Cutting-edge equipment and up-to-date laboratories
- Guaranteed housing on campus or in the city center
- Unbeatable location: the university is located only about 230 kilometers from the third largest metropolis in Europe – St. Petersburg – and an equal distance to Helsinki, capital of Finland.
- International environment – LUT’s international community is composed of approximately 6,000 students and experts engaged in scientific research and academic education.
QUALITY OF EDUCATION
LUT has passed the Quality Audit by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre, FINEEC. In addition, the Ministry of Education and Culture closely oversees the quality of teaching in all higher education institutions in Finland, including LUT.
Over 92% of LUT’s international students satisfied with their student experience according to the International Student Barometer 2017.
- LUT’s students were extremely satisfied with the campus area and its eco-friendliness, which was ranked first in the world, Europe and Finland. Also, the university’s learning spaces, laboratories, online library and arrival services were ranked number one by the students.
LUT is one of the world’s 20 most promising and rapidly developing challenger universities according to a report by the Firetail consulting firm.
The universities on the list have in common their balance of long-term vision with short-term execution of strategy; clear view of the changing world and their role in it; robust plan to generate the resources, people and culture needed to be successful; and focus on impact.
WHO IS LUT PERFECT FOR
- Want to have an impact in the world in a positive way
- Want to solve the environmental threats facing the world
- Want to build a sustainable future
- Want to expand career opportunities
- Want to build critical thinking
- Thinks outside the box
“I would say that this university will be a good platform for many students who want to have a good career in a competitive market”
– Umesh, student at LUT University
CONTENT OF STUDIES
LUT University offers 17 high-quality master’s degree programs, all taught fully in English in the fields of technology and economics and business administration. All master’s degree programs in Lappeenranta take 2 years to complete and award the graduate with 120 ECTS. Students who are from a non-EU/EEA country are required to pay a tuition fee for all master’s degrees in English. LUT University offers some scholarships for master’s degree studies.
Check LUT study programs on our dedicated page.
Application deadline is May 31
Scholarships for master’s degrees in LUT University
Scholarships offered by LUT University are awarded only for academic excellence, targeting top notch students only. Please note that only students that apply with GRE/GMAT can apply for a scholarship.
For more information on admission criteria and application process
Summer School and Winter School
In addition to the master’s degree programs, LUT University offers also summer school and winter school. These programs are not only about academic studies but also about acquiring a deeper understanding of Finnish society and culture with a range of social activities.
LUT University is one of the greenest universities in Finland! University’s expertise in clean energy is reflected on the Green Campus, which is a unique research and study environment for students. Green Campus’ thinking and approach embodies the university’s green values and strong energy expertise and creates sustainable solutions to global challenges
The Green Campus boasts solar panels and a wind turbine, a smart grid and the university’s environmental management system. LUT is the only Finnish university having adopted an environmental management system certified in accordance with the ISO14001 standard as well as the WWF Green Office environmental management system.
LUT Green Campus won the Excellence in Campus category of the International Sustainable Campus Excellence Awards. The recognition is awarded to universities with concrete promotion of sustainable development and green technology
“LUT is very capable of fulfilling all your career dreams; the question is, how well do you know what you actually want?”
– Gulshan Kundra, LUT student
LUT University has strong links to the business community. The university has earned the title of Best University in Business Technology Cooperation in Finland, granted by the Finnish business journal Talouselämä. University’s Green Campus also supports LUT’s research-based startup companies. With any degree from LUT University, graduates can find for example in research, technology or in business. The employment rate for LUT graduates is 93% – 97%.
Fill out the application today to study in the greenest and the most innovative university in Finland!