Information and Resources for Representatives Abroad


On this page, you’ll find the information you need for promoting our Finnish universities to your students.

If you have other questions or need help with navigating this page, please feel free to contact us at

student group work

Partner Handbook 2020 – Coming soon

Working during studies

For non-EU students with student residence permits, students can work for a maximum of 25 h/week during term time.

Seeking work after graduation

If you have studied and completed a degree in Finland, you can apply to extended your permit to look for work or to start a business.

Attach your degree certificate and a clarification of your income to your application. The income requirement is the same as it is for a residence permit for studies. You can get a residence permit to look for work or to start a business only once, for a maximum of one year. When you find employment, apply for a residence permit on the basis of work. You can read more about this on the Finnish Immigration Service website.

Please send us your invoice using this Edunation Agent Invoice template after the student has started his/her studies at one of our universities to claim your commission fees.


Here are other Frequently asked questions:

1) Does an overseas student need a guardian if he/she is under 18 years old?

– Yes, if the student is under 18, he/she when applying for the residence permit, the parents have to write a letter of guardianship for the student.

2) Is the degree courses recognized by the Ministry of Education (MoE) in China?

The degree courses from universities are classified as 大學 by the MOE in PRC. Degrees from University of Applied Sciences (UAS) are classified as 技術學院.

Finland has many Chinese students studying at UAS, and they have no trouble finding jobs in China as 海歸 students. Common practice is that they translate the UAS degree as 應用科技大學 on their resume. What employers value the more than having a degree from a specific university, is actually the overseas experience.

3) For overseas students who have EU PR rights, do they have to pay tuition fees?

-No, and therefore Edunation cannot provide commission in those cases.