General information about your Data
Mustanlahdenkatu 3-7 E
33210 Tampere, Finland
- Potential customers
- Website users
- Job applicants
- Webinar/event attendees
Personal data related to e.g. student application process, job application process, customer service, and other information services such as webinars as well as for marketing purposes.
- To complete your application process to the study programs offered through us
- Customer service
We collect data from applicants to our study programs through the application forms on our website and through our system in DreamApply. From DreamApply, applicants’ information will be directed to Finnish universities’ application system Studyinfo.
Data from those interested in our services is collected in the following ways:
- When you contact us through our website, a contact form
- When you send an email to our customer service at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you sign up to our mailing list, a newsletter subscription form
- When you register for our webinars, a webinar registration form
- When you register for our events, an event registration form
The data from job applicants is collected through a job application form.
Our partner universities and/or other partners and stakeholders on a case by case basis, such as
- Finnish Immigration Services
- Ministry of the Interior, Finland
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Finland
- Ministry of Education and Culture, Finland
- Finnish National Agency for Education
- The recruitment agency you applied through
- Edunation’s branch office in your country
- Municipality where your campus is located
- Accommodation providers
- Health care providers
We also make use for various kinds of cloud services for the purpose of storing and processing your data.
- To process your application
- To asssist you in the visa and residence permit process
- To assist you in finding accommodation
- To assist you in applying for an insurance
- To assist you in other practical matters related to the application and admission process
Customer data is stored as long as necessary for providing the agreed services or up to 12 months after the end of the semester/last contact, unless otherwise specified. After this, we may still store relevant, anonymized data for e.g. statistical purposes.
- Limited access to data registers
- Confidentiality agreements with persons handling the data
- Access to the collected data
- Rectifying data
- Deleting data (right to be forgotten)
- Restricting data processing
- Data portability
Edunation Oy, Mustanlahdenkatu 3-7 E, 33210 Tampere, Finland is committed to processing any personal data in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of personal data.
The kind of personal information that we collect from you is information that could allow you to be personally identified such as:
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Country of residence
- IP Address
- Institute name and address
- Educational background
- Browser and device information
- Server log file information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Location information
- Other information provided in the application process, including passport number and date of birth
The ways in which we may collect personal information from you:
- Through the website: We collect personal information through our website, for example when you register for our services or contact us by using our contact form. For all our forms, we use the online webform provider Jotform or the university admission platform DreamApply.
- Through email: If you contact our customer service using email, we will store your email address and your name (depending on your email provider) solely for the purpose of handling your contact request.
- Offline: We may collect personal information from you offline, for example when you contact our customer service via phone.
- Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from third parties such as our partner agencies or other partners.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device. We use this information for statistical purposes as well as to ensure that the sites function properly.
- Through server log files: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited.
- Using cookies: Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a computer or device for recordkeeping and other purposes.
How you can refuse or opt out of cookies
The ways in which we use your personal information
- To complete your registration and offer you services, as well as communicate with you regarding your registration and provide you with customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or to respond to your questions and comments.
- To provide you with updates and announcements concerning your registration, our products and programs, and to send you invitations to participate in certain events.
- For our business purposes, such as business analysis, market research, developing new services, improving our website, services and products, identifying user trends, analyzing the effectiveness of our campaigns, improving the site experience and content based on your activities, and estimating customer satisfaction and providing customer service.
- If necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to comply with legal process, to respond to requests from public authorities, to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations or our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or of our affiliates, you or other parties, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. We employ firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. However, any data transmission over the Internet or data storage system cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Physical access to your data is prevented by access control and other security measures. Access to your data requires sufficient rights and thorough identification. Only the authorized persons have the right to process and maintain information contained in our registers. All data processors are bound by confidentiality obligation. Back-ups are made securely of the register data. The level of information security constantly observed by us.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us.
Edunation may disclose your personal data to our business partners for e.g. marketing and/or organizational purposes as well as billing and accounting purposes. We may share your personal information with business partners with whom we offer services, or other third-party representatives who provide services on our behalf.
Your personal data will be processed by Edunation both within and outside the EU for the purpose of completing your registration, providing you with the services that you have signed up for and for customer service and marketing activities. Because our teams are based in local offices globally, our headquarters is in Finland, and our customers are located outside the EU, we may share your personal data with our corporate affiliates and business partners both within and outside the EU. The partners that we share information with are only those that need access to the personal information to process your registration and offer you services. Partners will only receive the information necessary for that purpose. Please note that the business partners may change from time to time.
Edunation processes your personal data in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection legislation. By using our services, you acknowledge and consent to these potential data transfers. You ought to be aware that countries outside the EU may not afford similar legal protections to personal information as countries within the EU. Data transfers will be made in accordance with the applicable legislation and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure that third parties involved will provide an adequate level of protection. Any future partner of ours will be required to do the same.
USE OF HOTJAR FOR WEBSITE ANALYTICS
To review, correct, modify, delete or otherwise limit our use of your information that has been provided to us, please use the “Contact Us” form and clearly describe your request. Please indicate the kind of information you request and how you would like to change it.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us, you may use the “unsubscribe” feature in the marketing email you received. You may also inform us by emailing or writing to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contact Us” section. When making such a request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving marketing emails from us. Opting out of marketing-related messages however will not opt you out of important administrative messages.
We will aim to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than 30 days after we received your request. There may however be information that will remain in our databases and records, which cannot be removed or changed. We may need to retain certain information for record keeping/statistical purposes and/or to complete any actions that have been started before your request.
We may continue to process your information to fulfill our legitimate business objectives as well as for statistical records and analytical purposes. We will only store and process information that is relevant for this purpose. This means that your data will be anonymized.
Any sensitive personal information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political views, religion, health, criminal background etc.) will only be collected if deemed necessary to provide services. Any such information shall be processed with extra caution.
Edunation does not offer services directed to children under 16 years old.
- No longer want to be contacted by us.
- Would like to know what kind of information we have about you, or if you would like a copy of the personal information record we have about you. An administration fee for providing you with the requested information may apply, to cover handling costs. Request for this information ought to be sent on a written notice. Your personal data shall be provided to you in an electronic form.
- If you think that any personal information we have about you is inaccurate, out-of-date or irrelevant.
- Want to remove any and all information related to you.