When applying to pathway studies, you must submit a certificate demonstrating your current English level. The required level depends on your chosen pathway program and progression university:
Standard Pathway (30 ECTS)
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if you choose to progress to Arcada UAS, Metropolia UAS, Vaasa UAS, or ESC Clermont
- IELTS 5.5 if you choose to progress to LUT University
Foundation Year (60 ECTS)
- IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent if you choose to progress to Arcada UAS, Metropolia UAS, Vaasa UAS, ESC Clermont, or LUT University (LUT applicants must present IELTS 5.5 before entering the second semester of pathway studies)
The English certificates must be valid when submitting the application.
|Duolingo English Test||65-70||75-80||85-90|
In addition, we accept PTE Academic and Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE).
You will not need to submit an English certificate if you are a national of or have pursued your previous studies in English in one of the following majority native English speaking countries*:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
In addition, students from the Philippines who have completed their prior education in English can be accepted based on an online interview (this does not concern students progressing to LUT University).
*The above-mentioned countries are classified as majority native English speaking countries by the UK government.
The tests and certificates must be valid when submitting the application. Your scores must meet our minimum requirements.
- SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing)
- International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP): You can prove your language skills with the IB diploma program if it has been completed in English