When applying to pathway studies, you must submit a certificate demonstrating your current English level. The required level depends on your chosen pathway program and progression university:
Pathway to Bachelors and Vocational Colleges
- IELTS 5.0 or equivalent if you choose to progress to Kajaani UAS and Karelia UAS.
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if you choose to progress to Arcada UAS, Metropolia UAS, ESC Clermont, Satakunta UAS, or Helsinki Business College.
- IELTS 6.0 if you choose to progress to LUT University or LAB UAS
- Students can also enroll in Edunation’s English Express, take the Diagnostic results, and if their equivalent scores match:
– IELTS level 5.0, they can join the SAMK Engineering courses only and Helsinki Business College
– IELTS level 4.5 for KAMK and Karelia UAS only
These scores can then be used as substitutes for the English Language Requirements, but exclusively for those particular universities and courses. For additional information about Edunation’s English Express, please visit this link.
Pathway to Masters
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent if you choose to progress to Kajaani UAS and Satakunta UAS.
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent if you choose to progress to Metropolia UAS
The English certificates must be valid when submitting the application.
|Duolingo English Test||65-75||80-90||95-100||105-115|
In addition, we accept PTE Academic and Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE).
You will not need to submit an English certificate if you are a national of or have pursued your previous studies in English in one of the following majority native English speaking countries*:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
In addition, students from the Philippines who have completed their prior education in English can be accepted based on an online interview (this does not concern students progressing to LUT University).
*The above-mentioned countries are classified as majority native English speaking countries by the UK government.
The tests and certificates must be valid when submitting the application. Your scores must meet our minimum requirements.
- SAT Test Certificate
- International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP): You can prove your language skills with the IB diploma program if it has been completed in English