Do you dream of studying in Finland?
Pathway to Finland is a preparatory program designed to help you gain admission to vocational education and training in Finland.
Our study program help you to prepare for vocational studies in Finland by aiding you to develop your academic and language skills further. Through our programme you will also gain insight into life as a student in Finland. After completing our program, you will be eligible to progress to vocational degree studies at one of our partner schools in Finland!
Why choose us?
5 star review rating
Study Courses: Pathway to Vocational (30 ECTS)
- Orientation to studies: 2 ECTS
- Academic Communication: Reading and Writing: 5 ECTS
- Academic Communication: Speaking and Listening: 5 ECTS
- Business Mathematics: 5 ECTS
- Introduction to Economics: 5 ECTS
- Intercultural Communication: 3 ECTS
- Preparatory Mathematics: 5 ECTS
How to apply?
Please read the instructions carefully before applying.
- Applying to the Pathway to Finland program is fast and easy! We are here to assist you with every step of the application process. If you have questions throughout the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- When applying to the Pathway to Finland program, you will also apply to one of our partner institutions for a qualification or degree. You will be admitted to your pre-selected program once you have completed all pathway courses at the required level. The Pathway to Finland foundation program can also be completed as a stand-alone qualification.
FOLLOW THESE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS WHEN APPLYING
- Before applying, read more about our pathway program on this page and/or book a free counseling session. Select your desired progression institution
- Familiarize yourself with the admission criteria and required documents.
- Prepare and scan all the necessary documents.
- Complete the application form and attach supporting documents. The application forms can be found on our APPLY NOW page.
- Pay the service fee of 50 EUR.
- Submit the application
- Admission criteria and required documents vary depending on your chosen pathway program and progression course. Please note that all documents submitted must be in English, Finnish, or Swedish and notarized.
- In the application form, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Copy of the final/official higher secondary school certificate or vocational qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in your own country
- Transcript of Records* and a grading scale in English if the scale is not indicated in the transcript. A minimum of 50 % GPA is required when applying to Edunation programs.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of your passport ID page
Where do you want to study?
You can complete your studies online from your home country or join our Study Hub and complete a part of your studies in Finland! Choose the study method that suits you the best.
Our flexible online study option allows you to complete the pathway studies from the comfort of your home! All you need is a computer with an internet connection.
Our studies take place on our interactive online learning platform. In addition, you will have regular live classes on Zoom during weekdays.
Online programs available in the August 2023 intake:
- Standard Pathway, full-time studies (30 ECTS, 1 semester)
- Standard Pathway, part-time studies (30 ECTS, 2 semesters)
- Standard Pathway, full-time studies: 2900 EUR
- Standard Pathway, part-time studies: 3500 EUR
Your study abroad journey begins here! Studying at our Study Hub in Finland, you will get to experience campus life and become part of a vibrant student community.
Edunation’s pathway students can join our Study Hub in Finland to complete their pathway studies on campus! Our Study Hub is located in Helsinki at the Myllypuro campus of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences.
This option is available for our students studying full-time in the following program:
- Standard Pathway, full-time studies (30 ECTS)
- Standard Pathway, full-time studies: 4100 EUR
- Enrollment fee: 200 EUR
- Pre-installment fee: 2000 EUR
PATHWAY FOCUS INTERVIEWS & council
Please read the instructions carefully before applying.
All accepted students from the current intake will be required to participate in focus group interviews conducted by the Pathway team beginning in 2023. Three focus group interviews every semester will take place: the first one at the start of the semester, the second one in the middle, and the third one during the last week of the semester.
The Pathway council will use the results of the focus group interviews to determine whether the student eventually passes the Pathway and progresses on to university.
The questions that will be asked at the focus group interviews are more general than subject-specific. Those questions are designed to assess communication skills as well as to ensure that students have the correct mindset and expectations for studying in Finland.
During the Pathway, additional information regarding the scope of each interview will be provided, particularly the guidelines.
To pass the Pathway council, a student must, in general, pass two of the three focus group interviews.
Starting in 2023, a Pathway council made up of Pathway team members (Program Manager, Pathway Specialist) and teacher representatives will take place. The Pathway Council (per intake) will be held after the release of the semester’s grades. This will determine whether the student eventually passes the Pathway and progresses to university. The decision is based on the study’s success, the results of focus group interviews, and general motivation.
We have gathered the most frequently asked questions here!