How to get a Scholarship?
A scholarship is an award of financial aid given to a student for the purpose of furthering the student’s education. Scholarships are usually awarded based on criteria’s such as academic performance, diversity, field of study, country of origin or any other purposes deemed necessary by the donor or founder of the award.
If you know good scholarship programs, feel free to suggest it to us!
Many universities have introduced scholarship programs for incoming international students who are required to pay tuition fees.
A number of governmental and non-governmental bodies, including educational charities, provide financial assistance to a range of students seeking education abroad. You can also approach commercial and industrial companies in the fields related to your specialization.
There might be scholarships, grants and student loans provided by your local government as well. Inquire about the different options from the Ministry of Education in your own country.
The competition for scholarships are often hard as there is a limited number of awards, however, it is always worthwhile applying for the ones relevant to you. You should begin your research early on as some scholarships require you to apply a year before your courses starts.
Although the competition for a scholarship might be hard, a couple of days of work can potentially generate a significant reduction in your tuition fee. Many students often think they don’t have a chance, thus the scholarship recipients are usually students who were willing to put the time and effort in the application.
Most universities in Finland have a scholarship program that covers tuition fees for up to 50%. Below are listed Edunation’s partner universities that offer scholarships. Find more information about the amount of the scholarship and the requirements under each university.
- LUT University
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- Hanken School of Economics
- Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Häme University of Applied Sciences
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences
- Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- Satakunta University of Applied Sciences
- Arcada University of Applied Sciences
- LAB University of Applied Sciences
- Kajaani University of Applied Sciences
Apart from university scholarships, there are also other private and government scholarships offered for international students.
- educations.com is offering a scholarship of up to 5000 EUR to study a master’s degree at a university in Europe. The application for the next scholarship round for Fall 2022 will open on the 3rd of September 2021 and is open to students of any nationality. Their ideal candidate is someone who is globally-minded and motivated to make positive change in the world. Learn more and apply on the educations.com website.