The degree program in Mechanical and Sustainable Engineering at Arcada has a clear focus on developing sustainable products using the principles of mechanical engineering.
You may already have heard about products with smart or functional properties. In many cases the smartness actually lies in the materials. Polymers often offer the perfect combination of properties – the light weight, mechanical strength, elasticity and low costs of processing are just a few benefits of polymer-based material solutions.
Material and engineering specialists are needed in practically every business field, from the manufacturing industry to their supply chains, as well as in the public sector. Mechanical and Sustainability Engineering program opens the doors to a booming field where engineers are in constant demand.
Make you sure you have all the following documents ready when you fill out the application form.
Applicants who have completed a qualification outside Finland must submit the following documents to Edunation:
- Copy of the final/official secondary school certificate or vocational qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in your own country
- Transcript of records with a GPA 50% or above. This is required to be able to apply through Edunation.
Note: Original copies must be shown when arriving in Finland.
Proof of nationality
- Copy of passport ID page
English language certificate is not required, as language proficiency will be assessed based on the online entrance exam and group discussion.
Online exam is conducted for all applicants that fulfill the admission requirements. Online exams are organized continuously during the application period.
You can also apply with an SAT Test score with a minimum total score of 1100
- minimum score of 500 in Reading, Writing and Language Test
- minimum score of 500 in Math Test (Note: the minimum is 550 if you are applying for the program in Mechanical and Sustainability Engineering.)
If you submit an SAT Test score, you are not required to take the online exam.
The applicant should order an official SAT score report straight from the test organizer. If the applicant has already completed an SAT test, you must request a score to be delivered to Arcada directly. Arcada’s SAT code is 7151.
Note: All documents need to be translated to English, Finnish or Swedish, if the original document is in none of those languages. The translations need to be signed and stamped by the translator.
During your studies, modern polymer technology and processes are combined with sustainable product design and development.
In engineering design and analyses you will learn how to use various modelling, finite element analyses and simulation software.
What you will learn:
- Polymer technology and processes
- Designing products and components
- Modern engineering IT softwares, such as AutoCAD, Mastercam and SolidWorks
- Modern methods of manufacturing, e.g. 3D printing
- Choosing functional and cost-effective materials
- Sustainable development within materials technology
Examples of future positions:
- Process Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Laboratory Engineer
- Material Engineer
- Sales Engineer
Do you have any Questions?
Read more in our FAQ