The degree program in Mechanical and Sustainable Engineering at Arcada has a clear focus on developing sustainable products using the principles of mechanical engineering.
You may already have heard about products with smart or functional properties. In many cases the smartness actually lies in the materials. Polymers often offer the perfect combination of properties – the light weight, mechanical strength, elasticity and low costs of processing are just a few benefits of polymer-based material solutions.
Material and engineering specialists are needed in practically every business field, from the manufacturing industry to their supply chains, as well as in the public sector. Mechanical and Sustainability Engineering program opens the doors to a booming field where engineers are in constant demand.
During your studies, modern polymer technology and processes are combined with sustainable product design and development.
In engineering design and analyses you will learn how to use various modelling, finite element analyses and simulation software.
What you will learn:
- Polymer technology and processes
- Designing products and components
- Modern engineering IT softwares, such as AutoCAD, Mastercam and SolidWorks
- Modern methods of manufacturing, e.g. 3D printing
- Choosing functional and cost-effective materials
- Sustainable development within materials technology
Examples of future positions:
- Process Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Laboratory Engineer
- Material Engineer
- Sales Engineer
Our Edunation Pathway Diploma program offers guaranteed access to Arcada’s bachelor programs and you can get accepted within 2 days.
The admission requirements are:
- High school diploma / Higher Secondary Education
- Transcript of records (if possible)
- Proof of English language: from IELTS 5.0, TOEFL IBT 35-45, Duolingo 75-80, or equivalent
- Copy of passport ID page
You can find more information about the English language requirement on our page.
Do not miss this opportunity and APPLY NOW to join the best education system in the world, Finland.
Students are pre-screened on a first-come, first-served basis.
The admission requirements for the program can be found on the university page.