Software encompasses all industries today and extraordinary amounts of data are generated with every passing hour. To find patterns in and being able to handle this enormous amount of data opens for better and more precise fact-based decision-making. Companies and organizations have already realized the opportunities this brings and there is a continuously growing demand for trained big data analytics developers today.
This program is intended for people with experience in programming and software development, who are curious about and comfortable with solving data-related problems by applying logical and mathematically inspired methods.
Make you sure you have all the following documents ready when you fill out the application form.
Applicants who have completed a qualification outside Finland must submit the following documents to Edunation:
- Copy of bachelor’s degree certificate from a related field
- Copy of the transcript of academic records
Note: Original copies must be shown when arriving in Finland.
Proof of nationality
- Copy of passport ID page
There are no specific English language eligibility requirements for application to Arcada’s master programs.
- GRE Test with a minimum score of 150 in Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning and a minimum of 4 in Analytical Writing.
- It is also possible to apply without GRE Test score if you have completed previous studies (30 ECTS) in Big Data Analytics on a Master level.
Arcada’s GRE code is 2523. Please use this code when requesting your score to be sent to Arcada.
Applicants need to submit a motivational letter as attachments to their application, or at latest 7 days after submission of the application.
- Employment certificate(s) with a minimum of 2 years of work experience
Applicants may also be interviewed if needed.
Note: All documents need to be translated to English, if the original document is not in English. The translations need to be signed and stamped by an authorized translator.
This degree program aims to give you an in-depth understanding of how to make use of data in order to create insights. The program is arranged so that you rapidly gain a broad understanding of the essential concepts of big data analytics; descriptive and predictive modeling, as well as optimization. The program emphasizes the importance of understanding how to build analytical solutions with production level code.
As a student you will be involved in projects connected to real-world problems that includes elements of both group work and individual achievements. The focus on real-world problems emphasizes disruptive problem solving through analytics service development. Communication and business acumen is emphasized both through data visualization and traditional pitching.
In this program, you will learn:
- Programming for analytical services
- Data analytics
- Machine learning
- Data engineering
- Data visualization
- Descriptive data mining
- Predictive forecasting
- Automation of prescriptive decisions
- Data science and verification of model results
- Planning and development of analytical solutions
Graduates will be able to work with a wide range of tasks in various industries. Positions include development and conventional managerial positions, e.g.:
- Big data analytics developer
- Big data analytics manager
- Data engineer
- Data scientist
- Principal or senior software developer
- Head of analytics
- Head of development
- Senior analyst
Do you have any Questions?
Read more in our FAQ