HAMK‘s International Business degree program offers a truly multinational setting. It provides students with a solid foundation to be the global leaders of the future. The program consists of students from over 20 different nationalities. This makes it the most international program in Finland.
During your studies, you will be focusing on International Management, Global Markets and Business Development. The studies combine theory and practice with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Through working in diverse teams and multicultural contexts, students obtain the necessary expertise and competencies to be successful in the world of international business.
Presentation skills and confidence are one of the key competencies you will acquire during your studies. The international staff engages with students and encourages them to reach their best professional potential.
The objective is to educate experts in International Management and Global Markets, by co-operating with numerous companies in the region and offering you the possibility to put theory into practice. You will have an opportunity to plan extensive business projects and participate in organizing larger events. The most successful learning methods are projects utilizing real company cases.
When you study in the International Business program, you will prepare yourself for a future by focusing on the three main educational pillars:
- Leading International Networks
- Dynamics of Global Markets
- Learning by Doing
The degree program in International Business can be divided as follows:
BBA Core Competencies
- The basic studies include language and communication skills, professional growth skills and field-of-study-specific studies.
Professional Profiling Competencies
- The professional studies provide the students with professional knowledge and skills in international and global markets as well as international operations and management.
- The student will follow the career path of either International Management or Global Markets, consisting of modules like Industrial Service Business, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Marketing Management, Doing Business in the European Union and Doing Business with the Chinese.
In addition you are able to select alternative profiling studies, for example Global Fashion Business or you can choose the studies from another specialized field within other degree programs at HAMK, other universities in Finland or abroad.
Work Placement and Final Thesis
Work Placement and Final Thesis are a part of your study process.
During the work placement studies you will become familiar with the central tasks of an international business expert and put your skills into practice.
In your bachelor’s thesis you will demonstrate your knowledge and competences in your specific professional field.
Graduates of the program find employment opportunities both in Finland and abroad.
The fields in which they make their careers are, for example:
- Human Resources
Do you have any Questions?
Read more in our FAQ