We offer students the best of studies and the professional world in one package. We boldly experiment with new approaches in collaboration with our corporate partners. We play a role in the growth, internationalization, and sustainable development of businesses.
Table of Contents
January & August/September 2024
• Spring: 10.07.2023 – 01.08.2023
• Autumn: 27.12.2023 – 12.01.2024
Bachelor’s: 8 000 € / year
LAB University of Applied Sciences is part of the LUT group with the purpose to have collaboration in projects and education.
LAB University of Applied Sciences reinvents education with innovative learning paths. By integrating the learning and working approach, the university enables students to reach their potential and to have real practical experience in their studies.
LAB University of Applied Sciences strives to meet the changes and demands of the working world and the global education market through research and development in sustainability, design, innovation and health.
You can apply for bachelor’s degree programs in the field of business, technology, engineering and design provided by LAB University of Applied Sciences.
Bachelor's degree programs
- Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering, Industrial Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering, Sustainable Solutions Engineering (online)
- Bachelor of Health Care, Paramedic
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Tourism and Hospitality Management
The application process is fast and simple. The students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis which means that if you meet the minimum criteria, you can get your acceptance within a month.
Our Pathway to Finland program offers guaranteed access to the following programs at LAB:
- Bachelor of Health Care in Paramedic
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Information
- High school diploma / Higher Secondary Education
- Transcript of records
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of passport ID page
Students are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Admission requirements for bachelor's degree
Make sure you have all the following documents ready when you fill out the application form.
Applicants who have completed a qualification outside Finland must submit the following documents to Edunation:
- Copy of the final/official higher secondary school certificate or vocational qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in your own country
- Transcript of records (higher secondary school)
- Grading scale (must include all the grades and marks that appear on your Transcript of Records.)
Note: Original certificates must be shown when arriving in Finland. All documents need to be translated to English, Finnish or Swedish if the original document is in none of those languages. The translations need to be signed and stamped by the translator.
PROOF OF NATIONALITY
- Passport ID page OR official ID card indicating nationality
Note: You will need a valid passport when you apply for a visa or residence permit.
The language of instruction in International Business and Business Information Technology is English. There are certain language requirements to be met. All following language tests are accepted by LAB University of Applied Sciences and are valid for two years from the date of taking the test.
- IELTS Academic or IELTS Online: Minimum score 6.0 (writing band score 5.5)
- PTE Academic or PTE Academic Online: Minimum score 54
- TOEFL iBT and TOEFL iBT Home Edition: Minimum score 80 (writing score min. 20)
- C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency: Minimum Score level C
- Cambridge B2 First: Minimum score 160
- Cambridge International IGCSE: First language in English Syllabus 0500 and 0990
- SAT test Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: Minimum score 550
If the results need to be verified via the test organizer’s webpage, remember to verify the results before applying.
When applying with SAT, there are no additional requirements for providing the English proficiency.
LAB University of Applied Sciences requires the SAT test results from the following two sections with certain minimum points:
- Evidence-based reading and writing: 550
- Math: 500
SAT results must reach LAB University of Applied Sciences / Admission Services directly from the test organized by 1 August 2023 at 15:00 (UTC +3) at the latest.
The code for LAB University of Applied Sciences is 7191
Tuition Fees & Scholarship
Students who are from a non-EU/EEA country are required to pay a tuition fee. The fee for the bachelor’s degree programs is 8 000 € per academic year.
In the first academic year, no one will be granted a scholarship by LAB University of Applied Sciences. The scholarship is a 50% reduction on the annual tuition fee. A student must complete 60 credits per academic year to be eligible for the scholarship. This policy will be applied until the end of the study time.
The credits must accumulate steadily over the duration of your studies:
- Bachelor’s degree programmes: 60 credits after the first year, 120 credits after the second year and 180 credits after the third year.
THE EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
When you have been accepted to study at LAB University of Applied Sciences, you must pay the tuition fee in three week’s time to receive the Early bird discount of 20%. If the tuition fee is paid after the deadline, the tuition fee must be paid in full.
EARLY BIRD TUITION FEES
Bachelor’s degree programmes EUR 6 400
Please note that the early-bird discount does not concern pathway applicants!