LUT Summer School is the perfect way to gain an in-depth understanding of contemporary, relevant topics in business and technology, all the while experiencing the beauty of Finland in the summer!
LUT Summer School is a two-week academic event offering intensive Master’s-level courses in the field of marketing, management and inventive thinking. Summer School courses are open for all Bachelor and Master students in the fields of technology and business.
In order to apply, you need to:
- Fill out the online application form on LUT website. Application period is open until 15 May 2020.
- Send an official transcript of records from your home university together with your application.
- Bachelor and Master level students in the fields of technology and business. For detailed admission requirements, please check the course descriptions below.
- Fluency in English. All courses are taught in English, and good English language skills are needed to follow lectures. No language tests are required.
Tuition and Accommodation Fees
The LUT Summer School fee is composed of tuition and accommodation fees.
For partner university students (List of LUT partner universities)
Tuition fee: 1 week 595 EUR, 2 weeks 695 EUR
Accommodation: 1 week 400 EUR, 2 weeks 500 EUR
For non-partner university students
Tuition fee: 1 week 695 EUR, 2 weeks 795 EUR
Accommodation: 1 week 400 EUR, 2 weeks 500 EUR
Tuition fee includes attending the courses, 1 lunch/day and social activities. Participants are responsible for their own visa or residence permit costs, as well as flights and other transportations costs.
The LUT Summer School does not offer scholarships to attending the courses.
LUT and LAB Degree Students
Tuition is offered free of charge for LUT and LAB degree students (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral). However, the students have to cover the cost for social activities if they want to attend social events (sauna evenings, cruise on the lake Saimaa, get togethers) Cost for social activities is 99 EUR for 1 week and 129 EUR for 2 weeks. The cost does not include lunch at the university during the lectures. Students have to pay for the lunch themselves.
LUT and LAB Exchange Students
The fees for LUT, Saimaa UAS and LAMK exchange students, who are doing exchange in spring 2020 and want to stay for summer in Lappeenranta, are:
- attending courses for 1 week: 99 EUR. The fee includes attending courses and all social events. Note, lunch and accommodation are not included.
- attending courses for 2 weeks: 129 EUR. The fee includes attending courses and all social events. Note, lunch and accommodation are not included.
You should notify the LUT Summer School staff if you wish to cancel your participation. The LUT Summer School fee is refundable if you withdraw your application by 31 May 2020. The LUT Summer School will retain a document processing fee of 50 EUR.
After 31 May 2020 the fee is non-refundable.
At the LUT Summer School you can study business and technology courses on Master’s level.
You can take a single course or combine the courses, provided that the schedules do not overlap and the prerequisites for attendance are met. Before registration, we highly recommend taking a look at the contents and the prerequisites for attendance of all offered courses.
Note that courses in the same week cannot be combined since daily attendance is required in all courses.
Below LUT Summer School 2020 courses and detailed course descriptions. Click on the name of the course to open the file.
Master’s level courses by Lappeenranta University of Technology:
Week 1, 22-26 June 2020:
- International Marketing of High Technology Products and Innovations
- Systematic Creativity – TRIZ Basics
Week 2, 29 June-3 July 2020:
- Creativity and Entrepreneurship in New Product Development from the Silicon Valley’s Perspectives
- Inventive Product Design and Advanced TRIZ
Watch the introduction video for the online course Systematic Creativity – TRIZ Basics Online
Note that The LUT Summer School reserves the right to change or modify the schedule of the course.
The LUT Summer School involves more than mere classroom work. To add to your learning experience and help you meet other students, the LUT Summer School organizes an action-packed social program.
Weekend trip to St. Petersburg, Russia
All summer school students can join an extracurricular weekend trip to St. Petersburg. The cost for the trip is 430 EUR. The trip includes two-way train tickets, an accommodation with breakfast in hotel IBIS, a river cruise, a city tour, a tour at the State Hermitage Museum, and a dinner at Russian-styled restaurant. Detailed instructions and official invitation document will be sent to those, who enroll for the course.
Other Social Events
Welcome and farewell receptions will be arranged, where you can meet other students as well as your professors. We will also organize dozens of smaller events, ranging from Finnish sauna and barbeque evenings to a cruise on Lake Saimaa.
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Traditional Finnish sauna evenings with different themes (Finnish culture, International night)
- Company presentations (e.g. KONE)
- Cruise on lake Saimaa
- Trip to St. Petersburg (separately financed by students)
The LUT Summer School reserves the right to change or modify the schedules of events.