- Book a free counseling
- Student Stories
- About us
Energy consumption is increasing globally, and energy production currently causes significant environmental impacts; from greenhouse gases to particle emissions. It is clear that we need more energy and that we need clean energy.
The Energy Conversion program at LUT University gives you a comprehensive understanding of how different energy production and conversion methods relate to each other and act as components in energy systems.
In the program, you will deepen your knowledge, skills and competencies in energy technology, e.g. energy economics, environmental impacts, savings and emissions, renewable energy sources, and power plant processes.
You will understand how different production/conversion methods are used and how they compare with each other in different applications. You will understand the related technical, environmental and economic aspects and how they compare in producing sustainable and feasible energy for society.
Green energy and technology is in the core of LUT’s expertise.
After completing this Master’s program, you will be able to:
- analyse, design and select energy conversion processes for different applications, taking technological, economical, environmental and societal aspects into account
- apply and develop mathematical models to solve energy technological problems
- manage and organize both national and international projects
- design energy technology related equipment, plants, processes and systems
The program includes core and specialization studies.
Core studies include courses on technology and society, turbo machinery and steam boilers.
Specialization studies include obligatory and elective studies:
- Obligatory specialization studies include courses on turbo machinery in renewable energy, maintenance management, energy systems engineering and steam turbines.
- Elective specialization studies include courses on bio energy and energy use in the forest industry, turbulence models, computational fluid dynamics, energy economics, renewable energy technology and nuclear power plant engineering.
The Master’s thesis and seminar are part of specialization studies.
Career opportunitiesCareer opportunities
The already expansive energy sector is growing globally, but in addition, it is changing to respond to global challenges. LUT graduates have the skills to not only cope with the transition, but to be its drivers. There is a constant need for new experts with the latest skills and understanding about the technologies available currently and in the future.
Graduates find work as specialists in, for instance, design and product development, production and operation, management, sales and marketing, research and education, and positions in public authorities and organisations.
Admission criteriaAdmission criteria
The admission requirements for the program can found on the university page.
Tuition fee & scholarshipsTuition fee & scholarships
Further information about the tuition fee and available scholarships for the program can found on the university page.