Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Bachelor of Engineering in Automotive Electrics program offers students a multidisciplinary education in new automotive technology, with a primary focus on electrics and electronics. This program includes core studies, in-depth exploration of automotive technology, electives in electronics, hands-on projects, work placement opportunities abroad, and a thesis. Graduates can pursue master’s programs in Automotive Engineering and have diverse career prospects in automotive electrics engineering, technical trade, technical training, and the automotive aftermarket. It provides a solid foundation for future success in the automotive industry.
The program’s primary objective is to prepare graduates for advanced studies in Automotive Engineering and to equip them with the skills and knowledge needed for a wide range of engineering roles in the automotive sector, including automotive electrics, technical trade, training positions, and the automotive aftermarket.
Studies consist of:
● Core studies 60 ects
● Automotive Technology and Engineering 60 ects
● Automotive electrics 30
● Electronics 20 ects
● Innovation project and elective studies 25 ects
● Work placement 30 ects
● Bachelor thesis 15 ects
Automotive electrics engineering graduates have a broad scope of engineering tasks in automotive world where they can participate.
● Automotive Electrics Engineering: Graduates are actively involved in the development and maintenance of electrical systems in vehicles, contributing to innovations in this sector.
● Technical Trade: Alumni have ventured into technical sales and commerce, acting as a vital link between manufacturers and customers, and facilitating the distribution of automotive products and services.
● Technical Specialists in Training Positions: You can transitioned into roles focused on training and education, ensuring that the next generation of professionals in the automotive field is well-prepared and skilled.
● Automotive Aftermarket: You can find your niche in the automotive aftermarket industry, working on vehicle maintenance, repair, and the supply of post-purchase solutions and services.