The Industrial Management Master’s degree program taught at Metropolia UAS is a 1-year program designed for professionals, usually engineers and team leaders aged 30-40+ who aspire to transition into management roles. Graduates receive a ‘Master of Engineering’ degree in Industrial Management, equivalent to level 7 of the European Qualification Framework (EQF). The program was initiated in 2006 and is regularly updated in collaboration with prominent industrial companies. Students can choose to specialize in either Management of Industrial Services or Data Driven Business. The program offers the opportunity to connect with a diverse network of peers, including professionals from major industrial companies and various SMEs, as well as individuals from public organizations.
The program is tailored for working professionals and can be completed in one year. Targeted students are typically engineers or team leaders aged 30-40+ looking to transition into management roles. Students can choose to specialize in Management of Industrial Services or Data Driven Business. The program offers a valuable networking opportunity, connecting students with peers from major industrial companies, SMEs, and public organizations.
The degree program comprises Professional Studies totalling 30 ECTS credits. The program spans two semesters, with Professional Studies taking place during the autumn semester in 2024. The subsequent spring semester in 2023 is dedicated to the completion of the Master’s thesis, worth 30 ECTS credits.
A central element of the program is the Master’s Thesis, focusing on a real-life business challenge within the student’s employer organization. The learning approach is agile and supportive, featuring interactive lectures, expert workshops, and face-to-face consultations with experienced faculty.
Course materials are available online, facilitating multichannel learning. Instead of traditional exams, practical assignments and discussion leader sessions are used for assessment. The program encourages an active peer community of learners, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing.
This program provides a comprehensive understanding of the latest advancements in ICT and medical technology and equips you with the skills and competencies needed for various advanced specialist positions, including but not limited to:
- Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Sales Manager or Export Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Head of Unit
Our Pathway to Finland program offers guaranteed access to Metropolia’s programs upon successful completion the program, you can get accepted within 2 days to our Pathway program. The admission requirements are:
- Copy of Bachelor’s degree or another appropriate higher education degree (a minimum of 20 credits of business studies accomplished in a higher education institution are required).
- Transcript of records
- IELTS 6.0, TOEFL IBT 60-78, Pearson PTE 54, Duolingo 105-115, Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 169 + English speaking countries if prior education in English
- Copy of passport ID page
- Relevant work experience (2 years, 24 months)
Notice, every pathway course must be passed + Entrepreneurship and working in Finland, Management and leadership and Research methods (Quantitative & Qualitative) courses must be passed with minimum grade of 3 (1-5 scale)
You can find more information about the English language requirement on our page.
Do not miss this opportunity and APPLY NOW to join the best education system in the world, Finland.
The students are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- a Bachelor’s degree or another appropriate higher education degree
- at least two years of subsequent work experience in a relevant field. In order to be eligible, applicants must have 24 months (two years) of work experience in the field of business and commerce accumulated as from the date of award of the final degree certificate and obtained no later than 31 December 2023.
- Work experience is given in full months. When converting part-time work (work under 35 hours per week) into its full-time equivalent, 150 hours or 20 working days lasting at least 7 hours per day correspond to one month of work. Work experience does not have to be continuous or obtained with the same employer. The amount of work experience points awarded for simultaneous employment relationships may not exceed the amount awarded for full-time employment.
- Proof of English skills: IELTS 6.0, TOEFL IBT 60-78, Pearson PTE 54, Duolingo 105-115, Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 169 + English speaking countries if prior education in English
- Entrepreneurship will be accepted as work experience if an applicant can produce a certificate attesting that he or she is or has been covered under the statutory YEL or MYEL pension scheme. (YEL = statutory pension scheme for entrepreneurs; MYEL = statutory pension scheme for farmers, forest estate owners, fishers and reindeer herders and their family members). Enterprising activities abroad should be substantiated with comparable official documents.
- Work experience must be verifiable with official work certificates (employment contracts are not taken into account).