The online Master’s Degree program in Procurement at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences will allow you to expand your skills and knowledge in supply chain and management, and procurement process and organization. You learn to analyze and develop the procurement function to serve the goals and strategies of a company.
After your studies, you have gained the needed theoretical and applied knowledge, skills, and competencies to manage and develop the company’s external resources, supplier relationships, procurement process and procurement organization. In addition to procurement specific competencies, you enhance your leadership and business competencies.
The program is organized fully online. It has been designed to meet the needs of students who prefer distance-learning or want to achieve a Master’s Degree while working.
The overall goal of the Master program in Procurement is to learn:
- about driving value through the supply chain to the end customer
- how procurement can be turned into a strategic function and utilize technology as an enabler of effective supply management
- how sustainability and collaboration are at the core of procurement and
- learn how to sell the business case of procurement to the rest of the organization
Advanced professional studies in procurement include courses such as Strategic Procurement, Collaboration and Influencing skills, Procurement Technology, Procurement Performance Management, Procurement Innovation and Sustainability.
Methodological studies provide students with the basis for carrying out applied research projects, and advanced professional studies provide the necessary knowledge and skills to follow the professional development of the field, both from research and practical viewpoints. You will learn tools of practical mindfulness, emotional intelligence and leadership to unlock your full potential at work and in life.
You will plan and implement a development project, typically for your own place of work. In doing so, your research, project management and change leadership skills will be enhanced. Networking, team and negotiation skills will be improved in the multi-cultural, tied-to-business setting in which this Master’s DP is carried out. You will report your RDI development project as a Master’s Thesis combining your development work with academic research.
Research and Development Methods & Professional Growth 10 ECTS
- Research and Development Methods 5 ECTS (1st semester)
- Professional Growth 5 ECTS (1st semester)
Professional Procurement Studies 30 ECTS
- Procurement Strategy 5 ECTS (1st semester)
- Collaboration and Influencing Skills 5 ECTS (1st semester)
- Procurement Performance Management 5 ECTS (2nd semester)
- Procurement Innovation 5 ECTS (2nd semester)
- Procurement Technology 5 ECTS (2nd semester)
- Sustainability 5 ECTS (3rd semester)
Alternative Advanced Professional Business Studies 10 ECTS (2nd-4th semester)
- Project Management 5 ECTS (spring)
- Circular Economy 5 ECTS (fall)
- Service Design 5 ECTS (summer offering)
- Quality Management 5 ECTS (spring)
Electives 10 ECTS (2nd- 4th semester)
- Master’s level courses
Master’s Thesis 30 ECTS (1st- 4th semester)
After completing your studies, you will have deeper knowledge, skills, and competencies that can help you to manage and develop the company’s external resources, supplier relationships, procurement process and procurement organization.
The admission requirements for the program can found on the university page.