Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (SeAMK) offers practice-oriented degree programs at bachelor’s and master’s levels. Located in Seinäjoki, high-quality education and student satisfaction are at the core of SeAMK’s strategy and activities.
Here, students acquire competencies and skills for their future careers in a number of project-based learning environments. They also learn to keep up-to-date with digital development at SeAMK. Also, SeAMK does not only offer top-ranking education but also opportunities for international students to study in Finland with scholarships.
Finally, with affordable tuition fees, international students have a great study abroad experience in the western part of Finland.
• 27.12.2023 – 12.01.2024
9 500 € / year
SeAMK has a modern, well-equipped campus within a walking distance from the city center and train station. Up-to-date student housing facilities are also located on campus. Traffic connections to Seinäjoki are excellent with frequent train services to Helsinki, the capital with the international airport, which can be reached in less than three hours. Seinäjoki provides a clean and safe living environment but at the same time lots of facilities for extracurricular and free-time activities and different sports. Seinäjoki is also well-known for its numerous music festivals and events.
SEINÄJOKI CAMPUS ADDRESS
Besides opportunities to study in Finland with scholarships, SeAMK possesses an extensive international network with 200 partner institutions spanning the globe guarantees excellent opportunities for student exchange and training. And it is possible to earn a double degree from our university in conjunction with one of our partner universities. Our partner universities in seven countries can offer this unique possibility to our students. Research and development (RDI) at SeAMK is also internationally oriented to intensify cooperation with professional personnel from all over the world.
SeAMK has passed the Quality Audit by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre, FINEEC. Moreover, the Ministry of Education and Culture closely oversees the quality of teaching in all higher education institutions in Finland, including Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
Bachelor's degree program
SeAMK calculates the academic workload by ECTS credits. The average amount of ECTS credits for one academic year is 60 credits, which translates to approx. 1600 hours of work. One semester of workload generally translates to 30 ECTS credits.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business
- 3.5 years = 210 ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering in Automation Engineering
- 4 years = 240ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering in Agri-food engineering
- 4 years = 240 ECTS
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business
The application process is fast and simple. Students are pre-screened on a first come, first served basis which means that if you meet the admission requirements, you are forwarded to the university and invited to the online exam and/or interview. You can get your acceptance in 3-4 weeks.
Our Pathway to Finland program offers guaranteed access to bachelor’s degree programs at SeAMK.
- High school diploma / Higher Secondary Education
- Transcript of records
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of passport ID page
Students are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Make sure you have all the following documents ready when you fill out the application form.
- Copy of the final/official upper secondary school certificate or vocational qualification
- Transcript of records (upper secondary education)
- Grading scale (must include all the grades and marks that appear on your upper secondary transcript of records.)
- Valid Passport ID
- Proof of English language proficiency
Note: Original certificates must be shown when arriving in Finland. All documents need to be translated to English, Finnish or Swedish if the original document is in none of those languages. The translations need to be signed and stamped by the translator.
Must have completed education which gives eligibility for higher education studies in your own country
- IELTS Academic/Online: 6.0 (Test sections: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking)
- TOEFL Academic (iBT)/Home Edition: 60 (Test sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing)
- PTE Academic/Online: 55 (Test sections: Speaking and Writing, Reading, and Listening)
- Cambridge C1 Advanced: 169 (Test sections: Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening, and Speaking)
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency: 169 (Test sections: Reading and Use of English, Writing, Listening, and Speaking)
- Upper secondary or Higher education degree completed in English in an EU/EEA country, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK, or the US
Student selection is based on the points awarded for the online entrance examination. There is no pre-study material for the examination.
Online Entrance Exam
Date of entrance examination:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business: February 4, 2024
- Bachelor of Engineering, Agri-food Engineering: February 3, 2024
- Bachelor of Engineering, Automation Engineering: February 3, 2024
NOTE: A predefined number of applicants, in the order of applications submitted, will be invited to take part in the online entrance examination. The invitation will be sent by email within seven days before the entrance exam.
Structure of the entrance examination
Applicants must reach the minimum points in each part of the examination to pass the entrance examination. If any of the parts is below the minimum points, the evaluation is stopped and the following parts will not be evaluated. You have a maximum of four (4) hours for the examination.
More details about the structure of the entrance exam
REMINDERS before taking the entrance exam:
- Access to a computer with a webcam and internet connection are required for taking the examination.
- Please make sure that you have the required equipment, and your internet connection is functioning. The examination can be monitored in real time.
- Please note that the entrance examination is offered only once. It is not possible to retake or reschedule the online examination.
NOTE: There is no pre-study material for the examination.
Read our general page about how to apply to study in Finland.
Tuition Fees & Scholarship
Studies starting in 2024
- 9 500 € per academic year
Studies starting in 2023
- 8 000 € per academic year
All Finnish higher education institutions charge tuition fees for degrees taught in English. The tuition fees apply to applicants from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Early Bird scholarship
Early Bird scholarship will concern students admitted in 2024. Early Bird scholarship is 10 % of the tuition fee. Early Bird-scholarship in a Bachelor degree programme is 950 € per academic year.
The Early Bird -scholarship is available for the students, who will:
- accept the study place offered by SeAMK within 7 days of notice of admission and
- pay the tuition fee within 28 days of notice of admission and
- register as an attending student for the first academic year.
Please note that the early-bird discount does not concern pathway applicants!
1) Language Proficiency Scholarship at SeAMK
- Eligibility: Continuing SeAMK students who have paid the tuition fee for the academic year.
- Scholarship Frequency: Can be applied for three times during bachelor studies at SeAMK.
- Scholarship Levels:
- First: 2000 €
- Second: 2500 €
- Third: 3000 € (Requires Finnish language skills at level B1)
- Application for Third Scholarship: Complete a national certificate of language proficiency in Finnish (YKI-test) at the required level and attach a copy to the application.
- Language Tests: First and second scholarship tests held at SeAMK.
- Continuing Eligibility: Must demonstrate language skills within the right-to-study period.
2) Early Bird Scholarship for Continuing Students
- Eligibility: Continuing students who pay tuition fees during the March registration period (1.3.-31.3.) in the SeAMK web shop.
- Scholarship Amount: Bachelor degree programs in English: 10% of the annual tuition fee (e.g., 950 €).
- Extension: Students exceeding the agreed examination date can receive the Early Bird scholarship for one additional semester.