In Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK) the bachelor’s degree in nursing focuses on educating nurses for the vast field of health care.
Studies will proceed from the basics to more advanced stages, and you will learn the skills needed in a wide range of health care settings. Practical training plays a major role, with 1/3 of the studies involving clinical training in both simulated and authentic health care environments. TAMK graduates will be able to work in different sectors and at different levels of health care in Finland.
A Bachelor of Health Care degree makes you eligible for Master’s programs in Finland and abroad. In Finland, further education options can include health care management, public health, or nursing science. As a degree student of TAMK, you have the possibility, when enrolled as a present, to select studies also from the curriculum of Tampere University to include in your degree within the framework of your study plan.
Students will be able to work with patients from all backgrounds and age groups independently and in multidisciplinary teams. Students will learn how to promote health and develop client-oriented services in an ethical manner.
- Studies are divided into three stages: initial, middle, and advanced. The initial stage is completed during the first year. The middle stage starts at the end of the first year and lasts for three full semesters. During the final academic year, there will be 30 credits of advanced studies. The advanced studies focus on medical-surgical nursing.
- Initial, middle stage, advanced nursing studies (109 credits)
- Supervised Clinical Training (75 credits)
- Bachelor’s thesis (15 credits)
- Language skills (6 credits)
- Elective Studies (5 credits)
TAMK Nursing degree gives students the necessary skills to practice nursing in Finland. Upon graduation, you must submit a licencing application to Valvira, the National Supervisory Agency for Welfare and Health. Valvira gives the licence to all health professionals in Finland, including Finns. The licencing application should include a certificate demonstrating that the candidate knows Finnish at the required level in order to work with Finnish clients. The required level of Finnish is attained if the student gets skill level 3 in the National Certificate of Language Proficiency. Skill level 3 is approximately the same as B1 level Finnish.
Our Edunation Pathway to Finland program offers guaranteed access to TAMK’s bachelor programs and you can get accepted within 2 days. The admission requirements are:
- High school diploma / Higher Secondary Education
- Transcript of records (if possible)
- Proof of English language: from IELTS 5.0, TOEFL IBT 35-45, Duolingo 75-80, or equivalent
- Copy of passport ID page
You can find more information about the English language requirement on our page.
The students are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis.