Do you want to start your own business and inspire people with your own creative and innovative ideas?
Edunation’s movement targets the future needs of both private and public sectors and empowers the next generation to take action and to work seamlessly together within different fields. In collaboration with local and international companies, advisors and Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK), Edunation is offering a tailored-made Bachelor program of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship and Team Leadership in the most innovative country in the world, Finland.
During your studies, you will work closely with local and international strategic partners and you will get practical experience through industry project assignments. Together with our partners, Edunation is facilitating a platform where you will be trained and coached by TAMK, with the opportunity to get in touch with leading companies and organizations that are looking for talent force matching their needs. Besides the top-notch teaching and coaching from TAMK, we have special guest lecturers like Peter Vesterbacka (Angry Birds, Slush, top 100 most influential people in the world), with whom you will take a deep-dive to marketing and branding.
As part of the program, you are working on projects where you find solutions for problems our world is facing in a team. Together with influencers, you can bring these problems and solutions to the awareness of larger audience. Thanks to the affiliation with the Influencer Academy, some of the students joining the program will be celebrity influencers from different fields!
After completing the program, you will have the chance to join one of the companies partnering with the bachelor program. You will also be able to run a start-up or a business company with a solid network built during your studies. Thanks to the connections and skills provided by TAMK Proakatemia, you will get a practical head start in the business/entrepreneurial life in Finland.
Team learning and team coachingTeam learning and team coaching
Influencers Academy in collaboration with Edunation and TAMK Proakatemia operates on principles of Team Learning and Team Coaching.
Focus on Team Learning means that the studies are centered around a team enterprise owned by the students as influencer entrepreneurs.
Team enterprises, coupled with the students’ leading role in all activities allow the students to choose, practice, test their skills and reflect on managing projects and activities of a real enterprise, as well as making decisions in a complex and unpredictable work environment.
The influencer entrepreneurs also learn how to manage their own and others’ professional development, which is an essential skill in rapidly changing world.
What will you study?What will you study?
The program in Entrepreneurship and Team Leadership has a highly innovative and modern approach, but already has a history of 20 years. Its participants have been the most satisfied students among any program in Finland.
The unique environment of TAMK Proakatemia will enhance your real-life business and teamwork skills and learn about your own strengths and weaknesses as a team member and an entrepreneur.
For example, you will learn valuable real-life entrepreneurial and leadership skills, project management, coaching, communication skills, systems thinking, service design, digital business skills and, most importantly, how to run and develop a business that is successful, sustainable, and responsible.
You will also create a vast business network during your studies, thanks to the great cooperation with local and international companies at TAMK Proakatemia.
During your studies, you will also develop competencies in areas that are currently important, and the capacity to learn new things will be useful throughout your life. As a Proakatemia graduate, you will have diverse skills and competencies for building your own business as an entrepreneur or taking on a demanding specialist role in an existing organization.
Structure of the studiesStructure of the studies
The bachelor program in Entrepreneurship and Team Leadership will help you to acquire knowledge and skills that are required from an entrepreneur to cope with constant changes and to be updated with the most relevant competencies. You can learn things that we do not even know about yet!
The learning environment is based on the team enterprise:
- Learning takes place together with your own team and other teams;
- You will draft a learning contract with which you will direct your studies, projects and seminars towards your own learning goals;
- You will also draft a reading plan where you can select professional literature relevant for your own goals.
Some topics that you will study are leadership and management, sales and marketing, corporate finances, teamwork and creative products and business models.
During your studies, you will also build your knowledge about the market and your business acumen. As a member of a team enterprise, you will develop important meta-skills, such as visionary capacity, courage, collaboration and communication skills, emotional intelligence and practical leadership skills.
The program includes a semester abroad on your 3rd year. You can freely choose between destinations like Lisbon in Portugal, Dublin in Ireland, Costa Rica, Bali in Indonesia, or Seoul in Korea.
Structure of the studies
- Basic and Professional Studies (150 ECTS credit points)
- Free-Choice Studies (15 ECTS credit points)
- International Practical Training (30 ECTS credit points)
- Bachelor’s Thesis (15 ECTS credit points)
Career opportunitiesCareer opportunities
The established and immense network of TAMK Proakademia will help you to get a head start in your career.
Thanks to the experience and knowledge gained during your studies, you can set up your own business as an entrepreneur. Graduates can also pursue a career in demanding fields like marketing, sales, export-import operations, financial management, product management, and customer relations.
Admission criteriaAdmission criteria
Make sure you have all the following documents ready when you fill out the application form.
Applicants who have completed a qualification outside Finland must submit the following documents to Edunation:
- Copy of the final/official secondary school certificate or vocational qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in your own country OR
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, OR
- Edunation Pathway Diploma Program – Business Track
- Transcript of records with a GPA 50% or above. This is required to be able to apply through Edunation.
Alternatively, the following certificates are also accepted:
- GCE A level: Total score of 7 (Total score of a maximum of the best 3 A Level subject examination taken within two year)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: Total minimum score of 25
Note: Original copies must be shown when arriving in Finland.
PROOF OF NATIONALITY & CV
- Copy of passport ID page
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
A proof of English proficiency is required. You will need to take at least one of these tests with the following scores:
- IELTS: Overall 5.5, Writing 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- TOEFL iBT/TOEFL Special Home Edition: 52 (Writing 19, Speaking 14 and Listening and Reading 5)
- PTE: Overall score of 42 with 42 in Writing Communicative Skills with no other communicative skills score below 36
- Duolingo English Test: 85
- LinguaSkill: 162 (Writing 162 and no band below 154)
SAT Test Score is also accepted, with Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 480, and Math 500.
ALTERNATIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants with the following certificates or belonging to English speaking countries can also apply without additional English language certificates.
- If you have already a bachelor or master’s degree, English Medium of Instructions
- If you have only high school certificate, English grade of 85/100 from the transcript of records
- Literature English – C
- First Language English (0522) – C
- First Language English (0500) – C and where the speaking and listening component has been completed a grade of 3 is required.
- English as a second language – C
GCE O Level – Cambridge
- English Language (1123) – C
- Literature in English (2010) – C
GCE O Level – Singapore
- GCE O Level – Singapore
GCE O Level – Malaysia – SPM – O Level 1119 English
- D or D7
GCE O Level – Hong Kong
- HKCEE – Level 3 or C
- HKDSE – Level 3
GCE O Level – Sri Lanka
- English – B
- Appreciation of English Literary Texts – B
- English Language – B
GCE AS Level
- General Paper – C
GCE A Level
- English Language – E
- Literature in English – E
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- English Standard Level – 4
- English Higher Level – 3
- GCSE English (awarded by AQA, OCR, Pearson and WJEC) – English 5
- VCE EAL – English 23
Kenya – KCSE
- Grade C or better
Tanzania – CSE
- Grade C or better
Uganda – UCE
- Grade C or GPA of 2 on English Language Level component from Grade 12 level
West Africa (Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and The Gambia)
- C6 (or grade C or above)
- National Senior Certificate – 3
- Senior Certificate – C
MAJORITY ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES
We define these as Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom and USA.
Admission processAdmission process
Edunation will invite the applicant for an online interview, where the English level and the motivation to join the program will be assessed by TAMK. After passing the interview, the student will be accepted into the program.
The first admission interviews will be held in August 2021 and the interviews are organized as group interviews (approximately 4 students per group).
Tuition fee & scholarshipsTuition fee & scholarships
The tuition fee is 9 800 EUR per academic year.
Edunation offers a scholarship of 200 EUR for eligible applicants. Once the student is accepted to the university, the scholarship will be deducted from the tuition fee, which will be 9 600 EUR. Merit-based scholarships are also available.
Further information about the tuition fee and available scholarships for the program can be found on the university page.