3 international campuses, 4 English taught bachelor’s programs, 7 000 students, welcome to Häme University of Applied Sciences!
“This school has offered me so much more than just quality education. I have made international friends from all over the world, which has helped me build a wide network of people in my field of study.”
International Business student at HAMK
HAMK has campuses in three different cities, in Hämeenlinna, Valkeakoski and in Riihimäki. HAMK has strong links to business and industry and has four research units which support the industries in the region. Therefore, they can offer their students authentic learning environment and assignments for the benefit of both the students and enterprises. These links to the business world have given HAMK graduates one of the highest employment rates in Finland. HAMK also has a very high rate of graduates that start their own businesses.
Find out more about studying at Häme University of Applied Sciences.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE HAMK
- One of the highest graduate employability rates in Finland
- Close co-operation with companies and connections to working life
- More than 100 partner institutions around the world where students can go for exchange studies or double degree studies
- New, modern campus facilities, with state of the art equipment in every classroom
- Possibility for a scholarship
- Easy application process
- International atmosphere on campus
- Versatile learning environments all around the campus
Hämeenlinna is located in the southern part of Finland, halfway from the capital city Helsinki and the vibrant city of Tampere. A lively city with a big heart, Hämeenlinna offers the ideal location for your studies! On the Hämeenlinna campus you can study construction engineering.
A small but charming city in the heart of Finland, offers the ideal place for experiencing the best of Finland. There are two degree programs available on the Valkeakoski campus: bachelor’s degree in international business and bachelor’s degree in electrical and automation engineering.
“Coming to Finland for my higher education was the best decision I’ve made. Even though the campus is in a small town, living there was very nice during my study years, and the actual campus facilities are very modern. The night life is pretty great too, and a big student city, Tampere, is only half an hour away.”
Electrical and Automation Engineering student at HAMK
The “crystal city” of Finland, Riihimäki is a rapidly growing and developing city in the southern Finland. A campus of approximately 1000 students offers a friendly and international community to study in. Currently, on the Riihimäki campus you can get your bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and production technology.
CONTENT OF STUDIES
At Häme University of Applied Sciences, the duration of your studies and the credits you get depend on which program you have chosen. Listed below, you can find general information about the total ECTS that you will receive by the time you graduate from a given program.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business
- 3,5 years = 210 ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Automation Engineering
- 4 years = 240 ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering in Construction Engineering
- 4 years = 240 ECTS
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering and Production Technology
- 4 years = 240 ECTS
- Copy of the final/official secondary school certificate or vocational qualification which gives eligibility for higher education studies in your own country
- Copy of passport ID page or official ID card indicating the nationality
- For degree programs in Engineering: SAT Test score with a minimum score of 400 from Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, and 400 from Mathematics.
- For degree program in International Business: an online exam is required. You will be invited for the exam after you have submitted your application and if you meet the minimum requirements.
Find out more about the application process.
The application process is fast and simple. The students are accepted on a first come, first served basis which means that if you meet the admission requirements, you can get your acceptance already in 3 weeks.
HAMK will offer you a scholarship of 45% of your annual tuition fee if your studies have progressed according to the schedule below.
In order to receive the scholarship, you need to complete:
- 27 ECTS credits in the first academic semester (August – December)
- 55 ECTS credits in each academic year (August – July)
The scholarship will be granted annually after the student has fulfilled the conditions for the scholarship. The scholarship can be granted at the earliest after studying for one semester.
With HAMK’s strong links to the local businesses, you can get started with your professional career while earning your degree. HAMK has worked, for example, with ABB, Kone, Konecranes, Patria and Wärtsilä, who are all some of the biggest employers in Finland. With these connections, you are able to grow your network and improve your chances of getting a job right after you graduate. The cooperation with HAMK and companies has a meaningful role and they include for example projects, company visits, lectures as well as work placement and thesis work.
Engineering graduates typically work in planning and specialist tasks in production facilities, planning and consultancy firms as well as equipment and software sales companies. In these types of tasks, technical competence, team-work skills, multicultural competence, customer-first thinking, and public speaking skills are required and these skills you can gain and develop at HAMK.
Business graduates manage international projects, operate in international sales teams or in marketing teams and can implement financial operations for SMEs. HAMK graduates are well-recognized experts in cross-cultural teams and projects thanks to their strong skills in English and intercultural communication, which also opens doors to many career opportunities abroad.
Interested to find out more?