Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences is a multidisciplinary institution of higher education and an active participator in education and research, development and innovation (RDI) in the region of South Ostrobothnia in West Finland. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (SeAMK), located in Seinäjoki, celebrates cultural diversity boasting over 200 partner universities internationally. Research and development (RDI) at SeAMK are also internationally oriented to intensify the cooperation with professional personnel from all over the world.
“It gives the best international student life experience!”
-Cadybeth Poromaa, Nursing student at SeAMK
Why should you choose SeAMK?
- high-quality education and research, development and innovation services.
- Live and study in the beautiful city of Seinäjoki
- Go abroad! Participate in student exchange or complete your practical training abroad
- SeAMK has global partners in every corner, enhance your abilities in internationalization
- SeAMK has already had 25 international projects centering around educational and research development.
- Students have plenty of opportunities in the fields of international trade, marketing, sales, customer relations, product and project management
Quality of Education
SeAMK has passed the Quality Audit by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre, FINEEC. Moreover, the Ministry of Education and Culture closely oversees the quality of teaching in all higher education institutions in Finland, including Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
“The time spent studying at SeAMK has been great. It provides so much opportunities and capabilities for working life.”
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences offers a bachelor’s degree program in International business in English.
The program allows international students to go on an exchange and finish a double degree in another country. Starting in autumn 2018, a new Digital Business track is offered in cooperation with the School of Technology.
- Copy of the final/official higher secondary school certificate or vocational qualification OR statement of graduation from the educational institution (Translations of the documents in Finnish, Swedish or English)
- Copy of passport ID page OR official ID card
- Language requirements: demonstrate your language skills in the entrance examination. (English language proficiency level, B2)
- Written examination and interview
Find more information on the application process.
- 6,800€/academic year
A scholarship of 3400€ is possible from the second year onward, given that the student meets the minimum requirement of 55 credits per academic year.
Read more about scholarships HERE
The operations of SeAMK are mainly located on two campuses: Frami area and Ilmajoki
The entire Frami area constitutes a unique campus. The Frami area, the main campus of SeAMK, serves some 3,500 students. The fields of education on Frami campus include technology, culture and design, business, hospitality management, social work, elderly care and forestry. Ilmajoki campus has some 400 students in the field of natural resources.
The city of Seinäjoki has apartments available and designed specifically to render and suit a student’s need.
Student housing company Sevas offers student homes that are located close to schools and the services of the city centre. Student homes are studio or shared apartments starting from 1 room + kitchen.
Apartments with 2–3 rooms + kitchen can also be rented as shared apartments. The rent includes electricity, heat, water, laundry and sauna fees. Internet connection is also included in the rent.
Student union of SeAMK, SAMO also helps students in these matters.
Internationalization is one of the priorities at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (SeAMK). Student and staff exchanges are actively promoted, and a social program is arranged for international students throughout the academic year. Yearly around 150 visiting professors and lecturers from the partner institutions come to SeAMK. Academic exchange works based on reciprocity.
SeAMK has about 160 partner universities in Europe and 40 on other continents. Many international research and development projects are being carried on in cooperation with working life, and SeAMK organises international conferences and seminars on a regular basis. Also double degree programmes in the fields of business and engineering are arranged with partner universities in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, China, Germany, Hungary, Lithuania, Russia and Spain.
SeAMK is involved yearly in about 25 international education development projects and other research and development projects as a partner or as a coordinator. Many of the projects are European, which are principally financed by the European Union programs.
Photo and video credit: Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences