Tuition fees in Finland are affordable compared to fees in many other countries. Although, Finland has one of the best education systems in the world, the average tuition fee is only around EUR 6,000 to 15,000 per year.
Universities and universities of applied sciences in Finland charge tuition fees for students who are non-EU/EEA citizens. These fees are charged for both bachelor’s and master’s degrees that are taught in languages other than Finnish or Swedish.
Whether you apply through Edunation or directly to the university, you pay the same amount of tuition. As the tuition fee varies between universities, we have listed the tuition fees for each university below.
- Arcada University of Applied Sciences: 6,000€ per academic year
- Helsinki School of Business: 4,705€ per term
- Kajaani University of Applied Sciences: 6,000€ per academic year
- Satakunta University of Applied Sciences: 7,000€ per academic year
- Arcada University of Applied Sciences: 9,000€ to 11,000€ for the whole program
- Helsinki School of Business: 15,000€ for the whole program
- Lappeenranta University of Technology: 10,000€ per academic year
- Satakunta University of Applied Sciences: 8,000€ per academic year
For more information about the tuition fees, please check each respective university.
Exempt from tuition fees
However, the applicants do not need to pay tuition fees if they are:
- Non-EU/EEA citizen holding a Permanent Residence Permit card in Finland (Type P)
- Non-EU/EEA citizen holding a Long-Term EU Residence Permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- Non-EU/EEA citizen holding a Fixed-Term Continuous Residence Permit card in Finland (Type A)
- Non-EU/EEA citizen holding an EU Family Member Residence card in Finland
- Non-EU/EEA citizen holding an EU Blue Card in Finland
Not included in the fee
- Accommodation and other living costs
- Other study-related costs (e.g. course books, unless indicated otherwise in the program description)
To apply to a university through Edunation, all applicants must pay a fee of 100€. This fee is Edunation’s own application fee that entitles you to our customer service and assistance with finding accommodation, plane tickets, insurance and other practical matters. We are here to answer all questions you might have about living and studying in Finland.