Scholarship for studying in Finland
Finnish universities offer an amazing number of scholarships for fee-paying international degree students. In addition to this, Edunation also offer its own scholarships to international students, which are rewarded once a year. You can apply to both Edunation scholarships and university scholarships. Below, you’ll find more information about the Edunation scholarship, as well as scholarships by our partner universities.
The Edunation Scholarships are reward to starting undergraduate and postgraduate international students who have committed to study at one of Edunation’s partner universities in Finland. The scholarships are designed to recognize academic excellence, promote cultural diversity and provide financial support to international students. There is no limit to how many Edunation scholarships would be awarded. Each Edunation Scholarship is awarded on a case-by-case basis.
Value of the scholarship
The scholarship offers a reduction of 50% of the first year’s tuition fee of the scholar’s chosen undergraduate or postgraduate program.
Conditions for granting the scholarship
Scholarships in this program have the following conditions:
- Available for students commencing in August/September 2018 only;
- Available for commencing international undergraduate and postgraduate degree students
- Open to students who are required to pay tuition fee in Finland
- Provides a waiver of 50% of the annual tuition fee for the first year of the program
- Available for study in any discipline
- If granted the scholarship, the recipient will commit to writing a blog during the first year. On our website you can find examples of student blogs.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a student from the outside of the EU/EEA and seek admission as a full-fee-paying international student from one of Edunation’s partner universities in Finland;
- Apply through Edunation for one of our partner universities
The following applicants are not eligible to receive the Edunation scholarships:
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognised scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department;
Applying for the scholarship
You can apply for the scholarship by filling out the online application form below and submitting it before the scholarship application deadline.
Application is now open and will close on June 30th, 2019.
Required attachments to the scholarship application
- One page Statement of Purpose in English
- Transcript of Records in English
In your Statement of Purpose, please answer the following questions:
- How will studying in Finland benefit you academically and professionally?
- How could you encourage other students to study in Finland in the future?
Students who are awarded the scholarship will be informed of the decision two weeks after the application deadline.
Remember also that you may be eligible for scholarships and funding from your home university, government and various foundations supporting studying abroad, too. Read more about other kinds of scholarships here.