Scholarship for studying in Finland
Finnish universities offer an amazing number of scholarships for fee-paying international degree students. In addition to this, Edunation also offer its own scholarship for international students in Finland, which are rewarded once a year. You can apply to both Edunation scholarship and university scholarships. Below, you’ll find more information about the Edunation scholarship.
The Edunation Scholarship is awarded to international undergraduate and graduate students who study at one of Edunation’s partner universities in Finland. The scholarship is designed to recognize academic excellence, promote cultural diversity and provide financial support to international students. Each Edunation Scholarship is awarded on a case-by-case basis based on, for example, academic merits and your statement of purpose.
Value of the scholarship
The scholarship covers 50% of the first year’s tuition fee of the student’s chosen bachelor’s or master’s degree program.
Conditions for granting the scholarship
Scholarships in this program have the following conditions:
- Available for students starting their studies in autumn 2019
- Available for international bachelor’s and master’s degree students
- Open to students who are required to pay tuition fees in Finland
- Covers 50% of the annual tuition fee for the first year of the program
- Available for study in any discipline
- If granted the scholarship, the recipient will commit to writing a blog during the first year in Finland. On our website you can find examples of student blogs.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a student from outside EU/EEA and seek admission as a fee paying international student
- Apply through Edunation to one of our partner universities
The following applicants are not eligible to receive the Edunation scholarships:
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognised scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department
Applying for the scholarship
Application is currently closed.
Required attachments to the scholarship application
- One page statement of purpose in English
- Transcript of records in English
In your statement of purpose, please answer the following questions:
- How will studying in Finland benefit you academically and professionally?
- How would you encourage other students to study in Finland in the future?
Students who are awarded the scholarship will be informed of the decision two weeks after the application deadline.
Remember also that you may be eligible for scholarships and funding from your home university, government and various foundations supporting studying abroad, too. Read more about other kinds of scholarships here.