In order to be eligible to apply to Arcada, you need to have at least one of the following documents to prove your educational background:
- Finnish Matriculation examination or/and Finnish upper secondary education, EB, IB or Reifeprüfung examination.
- Finnish upper secondary vocational education.
- A non-Finnish degree or qualification which gives eligibility for higher education in the degree awarding country.
Furthermore, the applicant is required to have an average or above average GPA (grade point average) according to the grading system used in the applicants home institution.
A proof of English proficiency is required for all degrees at Arcada. You will need to take at least one of these tests of English:
- TOEFL iBT
- TOEFL PBT
- TOEFL CBT
- PTE Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced English (CAE)
A language test will not be required if English was the language of instruction in your secondary level education institution (high school) or your Bachelor’s degree has been done fully in English. If this is the case, you need to have proof of it in written form, signed by the prior institution.
If you want to apply for a degree in Nursing, you will also need to have skills in either Finnish or Swedish. The minimum requirement is level B1 on the Common European framework for languages.
Proof of nationality
In addition to educational supporting documents, identification documents will also be required. You will have to upload on of the following:
- Passport ID page or ID card of EU/EEA/Switzerland which states citizenship
- Passport ID page (all other citizenships)
- Residence permit card; Type A, Type P or type P-EU
- EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
In addition to the documents mentioned above, you will also have to submit a Motivation Letter in order to be considered for a study place at Arcada. The Motivation Letter has to be a page long (A4 page format) and describe why you’re interested in studying in Finland, why you chose a particular degree, what are your future goals, etc.
Note: All documents (educational, language, nationality) need to be translated to either Finnish, Swedish or English, if the original document is in neither of those languages. The translations need to be signed and stamped by the translator.