Applicants who have completed a qualification outside Finland must submit the following documents to Edunation:
- For Bachelor’s degree: a copy of the final / official secondary school certificate or vocational qualification
- For Master’s degree: Bachelor’s degree certificate
Proof of nationality
In addition to educational supporting documents, identification documents will also be required. You will have to upload on of the following:
- Passport ID page or ID card of EU/EEA/Switzerland which states citizenship
- Passport ID page (all other citizenships)
- Residence permit card; Type A, Type P or type P-EU
- EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
A proof of English proficiency is required for all degrees at Arcada. You will need to take at least one of these tests of English:
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL iBT: 79
- Pearson test of English Academic: 51
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): C
- Cambridge English: Advanced English (CAE): C1
The language certificate must be valid during the application period. The Pearson test of English, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are valid for two years. There are no limitations on the period of validity of the other certificates. A TOEFL test score will only be accepted if it has been directly submitted from the TOEFL Educational Testing Service (ETS).
A language test is not required if English was the language of instruction in your secondary level education institution (high school) or your Bachelor’s degree has been completed in English. If this is the case, you need to have proof of it in written form, signed by the prior institution.
- For Bachelor’s degree: SAT Test score of minimum 500 in Reading & Writing, minimum 500 in Mathematics Business and minimum 550 in Materials (the total score needs to be 1100)
- For Master’s degree: GMAT or GRE (minimum scores to be announced later)
For Master’s degree at least three years of subsequent work experience in a relevant field is required. You’ll be asked to submit
- Employment certificate (minimum 3 years work experience)
In addition to the documents mentioned above, you will also have to submit a Motivation Letter in order to apply for a Master’s degree Real Estate Energy. The Motivation Letter has to be a page long (A4 page format) and describe why you’re interested in studying in Finland, why you chose a particular degree, what are your future goals, etc.
Note: All documents need to be translated to either Finnish, Swedish or English, if the original document is in neither of those languages. The translations need to be signed and stamped by the translator.