Increasing demands on the productivity of complex systems, such as manufacturing machines, requires the application of new methods in the product development process.
Mechatronic system design is gaining popularity in the machine design process and it is a key approach in the product process of productive life cycle efficient machines.
Mechatronic System Design program will familiarize you with the design and simulation of modern mechatronic machines, which comprise a mechanical system, power transmission (hydraulic, electric, pneumatic or hybrid) and a digital control system.
You will learn about environmentally conscious design and development of new technologies to solve current and future global problems.
In this program, you will acquire extensive knowledge in the fields of design, hydraulics, control, dynamics and the simulation of machines. You will also become familiar with programming and the application of numerical methods, both required in different fields of mechanical engineering.
After completing this Master’s program, you will be able to:
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of dynamics of mechatronic machines, simulation tools and usage of them, multidisciplinary product development process
- learn to apply theoretical methods to practice using virtual tools
- logically think through industrial research and development problems and solve them, to contribute to innovative thinking
- design and implement control systems for mechatronic machines
- understand the needs and special features of other disciplines out of your core competence in mechanical engineering
The program includes core studies and specialization studies.
Core studies include studies on research methods, structural materials, industrial manufacturing processes, reliability engineering design, management and leadership skills.
Specialization studies include topics on mechatronics, electrical motion control systems, machine dynamics and simulation.
The Master’s thesis and seminar are part of specialization studies.
Graduates from Mechatronic System Design Master’s Program play a key role in developing more advanced products and modern technology.
Your expertise will enable you to work in research and development projects in global industry. Regardless of the industry or location of the machines and systems being developed, designed, and manufactured, you will possess the knowledge and skills to be part of the product development process.
Your future career may be in a company, such as Ponsse, ABB, Metso, Wärtsilä, Valtra, Patria, or Rolls-Royce, which are very active in developing better machines for future needs.