Information Technology studies at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences offers you an excellent combination of basic and professional courses. You will have a solid basis to work as an engineer both in Finland and abroad. You will have options to major in Smart Systems, Mobile Solutions, IoT & Cloud Computing. Metropolia offers an International and supportive learning environment with a vast partner network.
|Degree:||Bachelor of Engineering|
|Duration:||4 academic years|
|Mode of study:||full-time|
|Studies begin:||end of August|
|Language of instruction:||English|
As a graduated engineer you have a vast technological knowledge and understanding of the field of Information Technology and core engineering subjects. You would also gained knowledge in mathematics and natural sciences needed in your profession. You will be able to communicate both orally and in writing in engineering surroundings. You will earn skills to operate in working life and will be innovative and have entrepreneurial skills to reach the professional objectives.
You can choose a major option out of the three options offered in Information Technology. Starting studies in major option requires that you have followed the curriculum as planned and have completed 60 ECTs.
These are your major alternatives:
- Smart Systems major provides tools to interface the real world events with virtual, computerized world. You will learn the electronics fundamentals, development of embedded software, administration of open-source operating systems, implementation of internet of things (IoT) devices, and how smart systems interacts with high-level user interfaces.
- In Mobile Solutions you will learn to design and implement visually outstanding web, hybrid and native applications for smart phones and tablets using the same methods and tools as the top software companies.
- IoT and Cloud Computing focuses on educating IT-engineers who can configure and maintain complex IT-systems and develop new state of art IoT applications.
You can have many different career and further study paths after your graduation. Your future job may range from systems, software and hardware design to consulting, product support and management positions.
These are a few career options you could have:
Degree structure (240 ECTS):
- Orientation to Information Technology 60 ECTS
- Fundamental Professional Studies 30 ECTS
- Advanced Professional Studies 60 ECTS
- Innovation Studies 15 ECTS
- Elective Module and Elective Studies 30 ECTS
- Work Placement 30 ECTS
- Bachelor’s Thesis 15 ECTS