Industrial Management Master’s degree program started in 2006 as a forerunner of Metropolia’s Master’s level education. The program has been developed in collaboration with leading industrial companies and is updated annually. The average student in the program is an engineer or team leader, who wants to make a career leap from engineering toward management positions.
|Degree:||Bachelor of Engineering|
|Duration:||1 academic year|
|Mode of study:||full-time|
|Studies begin:||end of August|
|Language of instruction:||English|
The courses are conducted via contact teaching, self-study, team work, class discussions, business simulations, workshops and seminars. The studies are integrated into real-life business projects that allow you to study part-time while working. Metropolia offers support for their students as a help in instructing by experienced staff and experts from both business and academia.
Main objectives of the program:
- Interactive lectures, expert workshops & class discussions
- Face-to-face consultancy with experienced faculty members, and opportunity for individual advice, development and help
- Multichannel learning with a variety of modes, with course materials available online
- Audio/video/virtual opportunities
- No examinations, instead practical assignments and discussion leader sessions
- Active peer community of learners.
Industrial Management Master’s degree program is a 1-year program that allows to study alongside a full-time job and consists of 60 ECTS.
- Analytical, research and process development skills, 10 ECTS
- Skills for leading self, team and organization, 10 ECTS
- Management and team communications skills, 10 ECTS
- Master’s Thesis, 30 ECTS
At the very heart of your studies will be the Master’s Thesis, a business development project conducted in a grounded evidence based manner, typically addressing a real-life business challenge of your employer organization.
Both vertical and horizontal career paths are likely to take place, even before the Master’s studies have been completed. Especially for the international students of this Master’s program, a good networking opportunity arises via peer students, many of whom work in influential positions in business life.